Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Seeking grower help with crumbly and malformed fruit in raspberryCrumbly fruit condition (CFC) and Malformed fruit disorder (MFD) in raspberry have been a recurring problem for raspberry growers for some years and result in serious crop and financial losses.
Apart from certain viruses, which are known to adversely affect fruit shape when present in a crop, it is still not known exactly what triggers these conditions in raspberry.
Many causes have been suggested, but further clarification is needed to improve our understanding of how to develop future research.
To this end, Luca Scolari, a PhD student at the James Hutton Institute is undertaking an industry grower survey which has been designed to help the scientists there to better distinguish between CFC and MFD. It is also hoped that the survey will provide information about worldwide spread, susceptible varieties and agronomic practices which might lead to these conditions.
All data collected will help to identify what triggers both CRF and MFD and help the James Hutton Institute to develop new research strategies to tackle the problem. We therefore encourage all raspberry growers to help out by completing the on-line survey at: http://surveys.hutton.ac.uk/index.php/365645?newtest=Y&lang=en
Publication date: 12/21/2017
Other news in this sector: