Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Enhanced full spectrum ideal for flowering plants"Illumitex announced the new X6 full‐spectrum light. The X6 spectrum has been engineered with increased output in the 500 to 650nm region while maintaining a high level of blue (400‐450 nm) and deep‐red (650‐700 nm).
“We are excited to deliver the Full‐Spectrum X6 light to our customers,” says Yan Ren‐Butcher, PhD, Illumitex’s new Director of Horticulture Science. “This full‐spectrum has been designed to maximize chlorophyll A and B absorption. The increased green wavelengths between 520‐560nm allows much deeper canopy penetration to produce the most biomass per plant.”
X6 - This full spectrum maximizes red and blue nm wavelengths to allow for optimal chlorophyll A and B absorption with a balance of green wavelengths to allow deeper canopy penetration.
The new spectrum addresses the need for a broader color range giving growers in greenhouse and sole‐source lighting facilities the capability of driving very specific plant results.
“The X6 full‐spectrum is a result of research and responding to customer feedback,” says Jeff Bisberg, CEO of Illumitex. “Part of our goal with any technology is providing solutions that drive results for operations across applications. The full spectrum light is also an important piece of our digital horticulture product line that will monitor every plant at every moment to deliver actionable information that positively impacts a grower's business.”
For more information
6301 E. Stassney Lane
Building 6, Suite 400
Austin, TX 78744
Publication date: 12/7/2017
Other news in this sector: