Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peri-Urban agriculture: a solution for urbanisation in India
Indian agriculture has seen rapid growth in fruit, vegetable, dairy and fishery production, according to Union Ag and Farmers Welfare Minister, Shri Radha Mohan Singh, reports India Infoline. He said that their unprecedented development in ag production is 'setting an example for the world'.
The Ministry is hoping to double farmers' incomes by 2022 by continuing to increase production, but to also implement proper processing techniques and infrastructure for market expansion.
With an eye on 'Peri-Urban' agriculture, which is having small and large scale agriculture production located around the cities, the government feels that this type of agriculture can help with climate change, by diversifying food resources for urban populations. It is hoped that by creating attractive employment options, less agricultural land located near cities and towns will be swallowed up by land conversion.
Publication date: 12/1/2017
Other news in this sector: