Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peri-Urban agriculture: a solution for urbanisation in India
Indian agriculture has seen rapid growth in fruit, vegetable, dairy and fishery production, according to Union Ag and Farmers Welfare Minister, Shri Radha Mohan Singh, reports India Infoline. He said that their unprecedented development in ag production is 'setting an example for the world'.
The Ministry is hoping to double farmers' incomes by 2022 by continuing to increase production, but to also implement proper processing techniques and infrastructure for market expansion.
With an eye on 'Peri-Urban' agriculture, which is having small and large scale agriculture production located around the cities, the government feels that this type of agriculture can help with climate change, by diversifying food resources for urban populations. It is hoped that by creating attractive employment options, less agricultural land located near cities and towns will be swallowed up by land conversion.
Publication date: 12/1/2017
Other news in this sector: