Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Grant scheme to boost productivity across Shropshire farms & food processors
Farmers and food processors in Shropshire are invited to apply for a new £40m fund to invest in new equipment and machinery and improve productivity using new technology. As was explained on shropshirelive.com.
These could include introducing robotic equipment and systems to aid crop production, the use of renewable energy produced on farm by improving energy storage and distribution, or LED wavelength controlled lighting to aid crop production.
The Countryside Productivity Scheme was put in place as part of its drive to boost the rural economy through the Governmentís Rural Development Programme for England (RDPE).
The grants are available to arable, horticulture, livestock and dairy
farmers to test the use of new technologies under the 'Improving Farm Productivityí fund.
The RDPE is delivered by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) and funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD).
Publication date: 12/4/2017
Other news in this sector: