- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Russia: Eco-culture comments on massive expansion
- Spain: Alcampo introduces floating live lettuce
- Spain: Nazca private equity becomes majority shareholder of aromatic herbs company
- Japan: Education center expands with 1 ha tomato production greenhouse
- "Check whether no invisible dirt is left behind after disinfection"
US (PA): Feasibility study for a Center of Excellence for Indoor Agriculture
The project is currently in the data collection phase. Methods of data collection include interviews with indoor agriculture industry executives, senior university administrators, and local and state government officials. An online survey is also being distributed to select segments of the industry and to local leaders.
The data collection phase will be completed by January 2018. More information about the study can be found at: KennettIndoorAg.info
According to Dr. Stein, the principal investigator of the study, “We are excited to conduct this study of the feasibility of setting up a Center of Excellence for Indoor Ag. If found to be feasible, we expect the Center of Excellence to accelerate the commercialization of indoor agriculture and to help these businesses reach profitability sooner.”
The Center of Excellence would serve as a national hub and knowledge base for indoor agriculture investment, production, operations, distribution, research & development and provide training and workforce development in indoor agriculture.
The primary sponsor of the study is Kennett Township (PA). Kennett Square Borough (PA) and New Garden Township (PA) are also sponsors. This region is considered to be the “Mushroom Capital” of the U.S and is located just outside of Philadelphia.
Dr. Eric W. Stein is an Associate Professor of Business at Penn State and CEO of Barisoft Consulting Group. Dr. Stein has a Ph.D. in Managerial Science from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and a BA in Physics from Amherst College. He has published numerous books, articles and academic papers related to business and served as a consultant to private and public organizations.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 The Star Group not getting lost in the weed(s)
- 10/19/2018 Google announces $900,000 grant to train Kenyan farmers
- 10/19/2018 Canada: Whole Leaf to come under new leadership
- 10/19/2018 DowDuPont takes another step in Corteva Agriscience spin-off
- 10/18/2018 US: Sugarmade acquires hydroponics supplier Sky Unlimited
- 10/18/2018 Italy: Cefla Group adds dedicated Lighting division
- 10/17/2018 Spain: Nazca private equity becomes majority shareholder of aromatic herbs company
- 10/17/2018 South Africa: Woolworths called out for ‘organics’ claim
- 10/17/2018 Europe’s largest retailer teams up with IBM
- 10/17/2018 North Carolina indoor city farm nears completion of Phase 1
- 10/17/2018 Toni Bucci joins AgBiome Innovations team
- 10/16/2018 Argentina: Tomato producers denounce obstacles to export to Paraguay
- 10/15/2018 Peruvian company Virú acquires pepper distributor in Spain
- 10/15/2018 Two new hires for Nogales grower
- 10/15/2018 Sainsbury’s UK: 'Brussels sprouts' and 'pigs in blankets' flavoured teas
- 10/15/2018 ‘Meicai’ app funding round generates more than $600 million
- 10/15/2018 100th anniversary celebrated by setting a world record
- 10/15/2018 Hatenboer-Water appoints two new managers
- 10/12/2018 New tomato brand to be launched December 2018 in Western U.S.
- 10/12/2018 Chambers bolsters partner grower network to strengthen year-round berry offering