- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- Can greenhouse crop production become efficient enough to produce food for the masses?
- Food waste in Poland relatively high compared to other EU countries
- CAN (BC): Delta to impose greenhouse rules for Tsawwassen property
- World Bank concerned about Morocco’s economic outlook
- From sector initiative to a strong brand name for the seed industry
Jordan: Hydroponic systems set up in Sweilma village
With the support of the FAO, NCARE has collaborated with families and community based organisations (CBO) to install soilless gardening systems with the aim of bettering the lives of vulnerable families.
“It is with great pleasure that I welcome this initiative and all efforts involved in uplifting our community from poverty, especially since it is a community which has welcomed Syrians with open arms and homes,” the head of the CBO was quoted in the statement as saying.
The project is expected to benefit 30 per cent of Syrians and 70 per cent of Jordanians, whose level of food security is compromised by unsafe living conditions in underserved areas, the statement said.
Read more at The Jordan Times
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/18/2018 "New cultivation systems offer an answer to anonymous food consumption"
- 10/17/2018 Mushrooms a weapon in fight against global vitamin D shortage
- 10/16/2018 “Picking fresh Dutch blackberries in December”
- 10/15/2018 Agroecology could help feed Europe without pesticides by 2050
- 10/11/2018 "Make growing easier with fewer drawbacks"
- 10/11/2018 UK: Sharing is caring with Next Generation Growing (NGG) techniques
- 10/11/2018 Netherlands: Demonstration fossil-free tomato cultivation begins
- 10/11/2018 Plant Empowerment book officially launched at CGC
- 10/09/2018 Grant recipients to study produce and bee pollination
- 10/03/2018 Turkey: Growers recoup their losses with zucchini production
- 10/01/2018 Imaginative Chinese statue: Rooster made out of peppers and corn
- 10/01/2018 Turkey: Grower in Antalya switches from tomato and pepper to dragon fruit
- 10/01/2018 "Empower your plants and your business"
- 09/27/2018 ‘2018 is one of the hardest growing seasons ever’
- 09/26/2018 US: Fredericton sees giant 1,808-pound pumpkin
- 09/25/2018 Shout-out to the bell pepper
- 09/24/2018 UK: Optimising flavour in parsley and rosemary
- 09/24/2018 Grapes and algae - China's new weapons against desertification
- 09/24/2018 UK: Optimising flavour in mint
- 09/24/2018 Saving the prized chile that grows only in Oaxaca’s mountains