Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UAE: Pure Harvest raises $4.5 million in seed investmentA historic seed investment of $4.5 million has been secured by tech-enabled arid climate agribusiness Pure Harvest Smart Farms, based in Abu Dhabi.
The financing round was significantly oversubscribed and follows an earlier $1.1 million pre-seed round led by Abu Dhabi-based Shorooq Investments.
Venture financing was provided by a leading federal government-backed fund, the company’s technology partners and a consortium of angel investors from around the world.
The seed funding will be used for the construction of Pure Harvest’s inaugural high-tech, fully climate controlled greenhouse facility in Nahel, in the UAE. The company expects to complete the facility by mid-year and to begin selling its products in the second half of 2018.
Read more at StartUp (Kay Marham)
Publication date: 11/20/2017
Other news in this sector: