Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Heliospectra renames light control software to HelioCOREHeliospectra is changing the name of the recently announced light control software Cortex to HelioCORE, effective November 16, 2017. The new control system was introduced in July 2017 and will be available for commercial sales during Q1 2018.
HelioCORE connects Heliospectra's LX60 adjustable spectra and LX50 high voltage intelligent LED lighting solutions with sensors and schedule functions for real-time light adjustments. Growers monitor and manage lights or alerts across a facility via mobile phones, tablets or laptops to streamline operations.
"Operations and cultivation teams require a reliable, proven solution that directly impacts business performance and also facilitates or streamlines daily work," said Ali Ahmadian, CEO Heliospectra. "HelioCORE gives businesses an unrivaled solution when it comes to controlling harvest and production cycles with dynamic, immediate light adjustments and the cost-effective use of resources."
The initial release of the HelioCORE control software in early 2018 offers cultivation teams three control modules:
- DLI Controller: Greenhouse growers can regulate supplemental light use to reach Daily Light Integral (DLI) targets, supporting optimal plant growth and prioritizing lamp use at times of day when energy costs are lowest.
- On Target: Indoor growers can establish constant Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density (PPFD) levels to maximize plant efficiency and photosynthesis with optimum light intensity. Greenhouse growers automate dynamic light response to changes in weather, low light seasons, natural light conditions and plant sensor feedback.
- Schedule: Cultivation teams can extend the photoperiod for long-day crops or induce flowering to accelerate harvest and shave days off production cycles. Growers can apply pre-set schedules and build a robust library of lighting strategies and treatments for specific crops or growth stages in sole-source indoor or supplemental lighting environments.
Publication date: 11/20/2017
Other news in this sector: