Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Cravo opens new blueberry trial site in Irapuato
Cravo has recently completed construction of a retractable roof house for blueberries. The house is located on the trade show grounds of the Expo Agro Alimentaria trade show where blueberry trials are currently under way using a variety of conventional tunnel designs.
The goal of the house is to demonstrate how growers can change the production system to achieve a 2-3 year return on investment.
When using the retractable roof production system:
- Plant density can be increased by up to 50%
- Yield per plant in year one can be increased 25%-50%
- Total yield per m2 can be increased by approximately 100%
In addition to increases in total yield, the retractable roof can help:
- Extend the harvest season
- Increase fruit size, firmness, brix and shelf life
- Reduce chemical applications by over 50%
The production protocols in the demonstration house will be overseen by Luis Gaxiola from Cravo who is responsible for technical support for berry producers.
For more information:
Publication date: 11/16/2017
Other news in this sector: