Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (ON): Truly Green benefits from industrial waste heatGreenfield has invested $10 million in a heat and carbon dioxide (CO2) recovery system at its Bloomfield Road plant so it can be piped across the road to Truly Green Farm's 45-acre greenhouse, which will reduce its energy costs by half.
Truly Green has been receiving excess CO2 from Greenfield since 2013, which has helped boost tomato yields by five per cent. Greenfield is in the final stages to start selling its waste heat for use in the greenhouse.
“It's been going fine, now we can supply them with some heat,” said Veselin Nikolov, manager of Greenfield's Chatham plant.
He said the commissioning of the waste heat transfer system began on Monday to complete the preliminary health and safety review.
“Everything went well and we are ready to start collecting the steam coming out of the stack,” he said.
Nikolov said Greenfield's heat transfer system needs to be ready by the first week of December when Truly Green plans to have the new Dutch technology it has purchased to utilize the heat be commissioned.
Read more at Chatham Daily News (Ellwood Shreve)
Publication date: 11/16/2017
Other news in this sector: