- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
- International Business student looking for an internship
Top 5 -yesterday
- AU: "Kumato proving to be a major hit with consumers"
- Sarah Dressel: New Paltz woman is a vibrant symbol of farming’s future
- Corn and tomato crops flattened by Hurricane Michael
- Agricultural Council Jean Rummenie talks about Dutch-Mexican relations
- Five lessons from the Australian strawberry needle crisis
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US (FL): Disney World greenhouses produce 20 tons of food for restaurants
News 6 anchor Kirstin O'Connor took a "Behind the Seeds" tour alongside Les Frey, a horticulturist for Walt Disney World. From backstage, visitors can touch, taste and even test their knowledge of more than 150 plants grown around the world.
"We have a team of about 30 scientists with backgrounds in all forms of agriculture, so they work out here throughout the greenhouses daily, and will harvest the flowers, the herbs, the tomatoes, the cucumbers, and then deliver them right to the restaurants," Frey said.
Chefs from Walt Disney World restaurants Sunshine Seasons and Artist Point serve the produce daily, and can even make requests for certain fruits and vegetables to be grown.
"Overall it's about 20 tons a year, that we harvest," Frey said.
All of the produce is grown hydroponically, a lesson the tour guides help guests take home with them.
Read more at News 6 (Kirstin O'Connor)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 Turkey: Decline in agricultural production areas in Kutahya
- 10/15/2018 How to keep greenhouse conditions optimal for plant growth
- 10/15/2018 Japanese pitch "biggest greenhouse in the world"
- 10/12/2018 Russia: Nobody interested in Altai greenhouse complex
- 10/12/2018 Can greenhouse crop production become efficient enough to produce food for the masses?
- 10/12/2018 Self-assembly greenhouse to be launched in USA
- 10/12/2018 The best way to circulate air in a glasshouse
- 10/12/2018 US (MA): Berry plant grower doubles greenhouse space
- 10/11/2018 Russia: 8 ha greenhouse complex to be built in Stavropol by 2020
- 10/11/2018 Nigeria mulls 100 new greenhouse farms for vegetable, tomatoes
- 10/11/2018 Iran turns to Turkey for assistance in greenhouse development
- 10/09/2018 Autumn harvest of Chinese snow peas and sugar snaps approaching
- 10/09/2018 US (HI): High-tech hydroponic kitchen planned on Lanai
- 10/09/2018 CAN (BC): Delta to impose greenhouse rules for Tsawwassen property
- 10/08/2018 Russia: Greenhouse crops hit record high
- 10/08/2018 US (NC): Verdesian opens new greenhouse at Duke University
- 10/08/2018 US: Options for including cover crops in high tunnel rotations
- 10/08/2018 "AI must outperform growers’ green fingers"
- 10/08/2018 Kazakhstan: Number of greenhouses on the rise in Turkestan
- 10/05/2018 Russia: Mushroom greenhouse opened in Tula