Job offersmore »
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Driscoll's extends #BerryTogether campaign for the holiday season
In a season traditionally characterized by scarcity, Driscoll’s tells it will be offering an abundant supply of raspberries and blackberries over the holiday season.
With increased availability of raspberries and blackberries this year, consumers should have a bounty of possibilities to add to their holiday entertaining, the company tells.
“The late fall represents the second peak production period for Driscoll’s conventional and organic raspberries, which are sourced throughout the holiday season from independent growers in southern coastal California and high elevation growing regions in central Mexico,” Diane Scalisi, Driscoll’s Raspberry Product Marketer.
“Similar to raspberries, blackberries also experience one of the highest volume periods during the holiday timeframe which presents a unique opportunity for retailers and their shoppers,” says Annie Duner, Driscoll’s Blackberry Product Marketer.
She tells that the berries are quite popular through the holiday season as they "are seeing more and more consumers incorporate blackberries into their holiday menus.”
To capitalize on this, a continuation of Driscoll’s #BerryTogether campaign announced earlier this year, Driscoll’s has teamed up with food bloggers and foodie communities to explore new ways to include raspberries and blackberries in your holiday spread.
Some interesting recipes resulting from the collaboration include a new Raspberry Habanero Relish, a Raspberry and Beet Chevre spread, a Cranberry, Raspberry, and Maple Sauce, Blackberry Hot Toddy, and a Quick-and-Easy Blackberry Cobbler. The collection of berry inspired holiday recipes can be found on driscolls.com.
Driscoll's also announced a #BerryTogether holiday sweepstakes. To enter, people need only take a photo of themselves or their loved ones celebrating with Driscoll’s berries this season on either Instagram or Twitter and use the tags #BerryTogether and #Sweepstakes.
One grand-prize winner will receive a KitchenAid mixer, berries for a year, and a baking set. Plus, three first place winners will receive a prize of berries for a year.
For more information:
Tel: +1 800 871 3333
Publication date: 11/14/2017
Other news in this sector: