- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
- International Business student looking for an internship
- Responsable des cultures en pleine terre pour le nord de la France - Northern France
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- US (NY): Indoor Ag-Con pops up in Brooklyn
- Integrated control in protected crops, Mediterranean climate
- Positive news for growers within fruit fly control zones
- Strawberry sabotage in Australia has widespread consequences
- PanAmerican Seed welcomes Luther McLaughlin as General Manager of vegetable breeding
Top 5 -last week
Victorian vegetable grower Bill Bulmer elected as AUSVEG Chair
Bill Bulmer is Director of Bulmer Farms, located in Lindenow in East Gippsland. Mr Bulmer is a long-serving member of the vegetable industry and currently sits on the Executive Committee of AUSVEG VIC and the Horticulture Committee of the Victorian Farmers’ Federation.
Mr Bulmer’s election follows the decision by Geoff Moar, who has held the position of AUSVEG Chair since 2013, to not nominate for re-election. Mr Moar will continue to serve on the AUSVEG Board. Queensland vegetable grower Belinda Adams has been unanimously re-elected to the position of AUSVEG Deputy Chair.
“During his time as AUSVEG Chair, Geoff Moar has been a steadfast and loyal advocate for the Australian vegetable and potato industries. Under Geoff’s guidance, AUSVEG has gone from strength to strength, with the organisation well-placed to continue its strong track-record of effective advocacy on important industry issues,” said AUSVEG Chair Bill Bulmer.
“On behalf of the AUSVEG Board I would like to thank Geoff for his hard work and dedication to the industry during his time as AUSVEG Chair. I look forward to working extensively with the wider vegetable and potato industries to continue Geoff’s enduring legacy and lead our organisation and the Australian vegetable and potato industries into the future.”
Mr Moar thanked the AUSVEG Board for its support and expertise during his tenure as Chair, indicating that the industry was in a healthier position as a result of its commitment and tireless work.
“The last four years have seen significant changes to both the organisation and the wider industry. It has been a rewarding and valuable experience to work with such a passionate and cohesive Board to help advance the causes of our growers in this time and I am happy to work with Bill and Belinda to continue representing our vegetable and potato growers,” said Mr Moar.
“The last 12 months have been an exciting period for AUSVEG, following our efforts to increase industry collaboration and work with the wider horticulture industry to provide effective services and representation for our growers. This was clearly demonstrated in Adelaide earlier in the year, when we partnered with the Produce Marketing Association Australia-New Zealand to deliver Hort Connections 2017 to nearly 2,500 local and international delegates,” said Mr Bulmer.
“AUSVEG looks forward to continuing to effectively represent Australian vegetable and potato growers in the year ahead and is eager to continue working with the wider Australian horticulture and agriculture industry for the betterment of our growers.”
The meeting coincided with the AUSVEG AGM, which was attended by representatives from all AUSVEG state member organisations.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 Peruvian company Virú acquires pepper distributor in Spain
- 10/15/2018 Two new hires for Nogales grower
- 10/15/2018 Sainsbury’s UK: 'Brussels sprouts' and 'pigs in blankets' flavoured teas
- 10/15/2018 ‘Meicai’ app funding round generates more than $600 million
- 10/15/2018 100th anniversary celebrated by setting a world record
- 10/15/2018 Hatenboer-Water appoints two new managers
- 10/12/2018 New tomato brand to be launched December 2018 in Western U.S.
- 10/12/2018 Chambers bolsters partner grower network to strengthen year-round berry offering
- 10/12/2018 US (OH): Great Lakes Growers hires new Executive VP of Sales
- 10/11/2018 "Horticulture sector is gigantic and with an incredible international orientation"
- 10/11/2018 CubicFarm Systems readies for expansion into cannabis sector as Bevo Agro prepares to become Zenabis Global
- 10/11/2018 New export platform for Belgian agricultural products
- 10/11/2018 CO2 GRO appoints Dr. Matt Julius as Acting Chief Science Officer
- 10/10/2018 New Zealand retailer New World enters war against plastic waste
- 10/10/2018 Kazakhstan project unveiled for a nursery with modern equipment
- 10/10/2018 Lidl Ireland to remove black plastic packaging from fruit & vegetables
- 10/10/2018 Jim McErlean becomes new VP of Sales at NatureSweet
- 10/10/2018 BC bell pepper grower ramps up by cooling down
- 10/10/2018 Driscoll's responds to 'slave-labor' claims at their Mexico operations
- 10/10/2018 Spain: Start of strawberry planting in Huelva