Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Timfog engineers residual heat project in Belarus
Timfog Engineering has recently commissioned a new 42-acre glasshouse for the state-owned RUE Vitebsk Energy company in the city of Orsha in the region of Vitebsk in Belarus. The greenhouse makes use of the residual heat of a nearby power plant. This enables the grower to heat the greenhouse without the need of additional energy by using the return water of the power plant (95C, 900 m3/h), even during the harsh -35C degrees of outside weather conditions.
The climate solutions have been engineered by Timfog; heating, ventilation, humidification systems, CO2 and buffer tank systems, cold rooms and germination chambers. The year round producing glasshouse itself was turnkey contracted by Azrom (M. Cohen Metal Industry).
The CO2 system is also being used effectively to ensure high efficiency in the glasshouse. Alfa Laval titanium exchangers are used and all the pump systems are from Grundfos. Dutch boiler manufacturer Crone has supplied a spare boiler system, as a backup for the residual heat from the power plant.
Timfog furthermore has installed humidification systems, cold room and germination chambers and a buffer tank system, as well as on-going supervisor service by appointing an engineer to the continuous assembly process which has continued for 1 year.
For more information:
Publication date: 11/15/2017
Other news in this sector: