Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Roses Forever presents Gourmet Roses for herb growersGourmet Roses is a series of tiny mini roses that can be used for cooking. The roses are perfect for edible decorations or as an ingredient in exclusive dishes and drinks.
"The adventures of the edible roses started several years ago when I won an award for the newly developed small edible roses at a large trade fair in Germany. It was back in 2012, already five years ago, but things take time and require persistence and faith. And I've had it all the time", says rose breeder Rosa Eskelund.
The Gourmet Roses are not just beautiful - they also have lots of symbolic value. They express both love and exclusivity, which makes them very suitable for weddings, anniversaries and birthdays, as well as all the special days in life where you want to serve something extraordinary.
Although the roses are only 1-2 cm in diameter, they are perfectly shaped tiny roses, and there are many different colors to choose from. The Gourmet Roses are very easy to grow, and the idea is that the little flower heads are picked daily, placed in boxes and delivered to catering companies and restaurants, just like salad and other edible herbs. The production is on-going and the flowers on each rose plant can be picked for several weeks.
Danish nursery Legro.dk is a supplier for catering in Scandinavia, and they have already integrated the Gourmet Roses into their production of herbs and salads. In November 2016, Legro planted the first edible roses, and now they deliver roses to exclusive restaurants throughout Scandinavia.
The Gourmet Roses concept can be used by licensed growers, and Roses Forever offers both logos and other marketing materials ready to use for promotional activities.
- Developed by Danish rose breeder Rosa Eskelund, Roses Forever ApS
- Grown by licensed producers
- Sold as cut rose flowers in a box
- Durable up to 3 weeks
Gourmet Roses packed in boxes.
Interested to see the varieties in this new line in real life? Roses Forever presents them in their booth (B2.45) at the IFTF in Vijfhuizen, the Netherlands, from November 8-10.
Publication date: 11/10/2017
Other news in this sector: