- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- US (MI): Food and agriculture grants boost asparagus business
- HortiFresh to stimulate fruits and vegetables sector in West Africa
- Sustainability in agriculture: the Mater-Bi mulching film at Agricultural Film 2018
- Canadian grower gets green light to export MMJ to US
- 3rd China-ASEAN Agricultural Cooperation Forum held in Nanning
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
India: FarmLink raises $3m from Pioneering Ventures, Syngenta
FarmLink, an end-to-end logistics solutions provider for supplying fruits and vegetables, will use the money to expand its geographical reach and strengthen its technology and analytics capabilities in the supply chain segment, the company said.
Incubated in 2014 by Pioneering Ventures, the company procures fruits and vegetables directly from farmers through a network of collection and service centres, and delivers the products to modern retail stores, quick service restaurant chains, industrial processors and e-commerce food platforms.
It also helps farmers to generate income with all-round support to improve productivity and quality. “We aim to transform the way fresh produce is grown and distributed in India by introducing global best practices. We also empower the farmers by providing knowledge and extension services such as agricultural credit, crop insurance and warehousing,” said Sreeram Chellappa, COO, FarmLink.
The company is in the final stages of implementing FarmTrace, a proprietary B2C consumer traceability app, which would allow consumers to track the product from farm-to-shelf, giving insights into when, where and how the food was grown.
Read more at VCCircle (Anirban Ghoshal)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 The quest for greenhouse climate control
- 09/20/2018 Cutting two hectares of strawberry plants in one day
- 09/20/2018 Bulgarian scientists develop installation for fish and vegetables
- 09/19/2018 China: Growing 'electric' veggies
- 09/18/2018 Czech scientists make progress in microscopic examination of plants
- 09/18/2018 Screening protects citrus from greening and storms
- 09/17/2018 “We take the guessing out of commercial aquaponics"
- 09/17/2018 Divisional patent for Irrigation by Condensation (IBC) technology in India
- 09/17/2018 Ion exchange in the treatment of irrigation water
- 09/14/2018 NL: Sugar factory supplies water to growers
- 09/14/2018 Checking food with a smartphone thanks to a broadband infrared LED
- 09/14/2018 Australian company launches Priva accreditation scheme
- 09/14/2018 HortTechnology announces open access of applied horticultural research
- 09/13/2018 Smart cameras predict future development of cuttings
- 09/13/2018 Indoor precision agriculture platform enables connected indoor farm
- 09/13/2018 Water cooling and water tightness in LED fixtures
- 09/12/2018 Danes research greenhouse grow lamps
- 09/12/2018 US: Electrolyzed water system to treat and prevent plant diseases
- 09/11/2018 "No duplicate sensors, lower costs and uniform data"
- 09/11/2018 UK: Using maths and engineering to solve problems in food production