Job offersmore »
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Marcel van der Knaap, Nursery Rimato:
NL: "Sustainable tomatoes without bitter aftertaste for next generation"Nursery Rimato wants to produce tomatoes in a sustainable way, so enjoying their tomatoes does not give a bitter aftertaste for the next generation. Marcel van der Knaap discusses the geothermal heat project which his nursery participates in.
What makes this project special?
Drilling will be done to a depth of 4 kilometers, other geothermal heat projects do not go beyond 3 kilometers. It is expected that soon water will rise with a temperature of 140 degrees Celsius. By drilling deeper, you extract more MWth (megawatt thermal) with one hole only.
How does the heat end up with you?
A pipeline network will be installed and all participants in the Trias project will be connected to it. Of course, it would be ideal if the various geothermal projects in the area would be linked together in the future. This way, everyone would have sufficient heat available and a surplus of one company can be used at another company.
When can you use geothermal heat for the first time?
With this project everything is new. It is still difficult to predict when we can start with extracting heat from the well. Hopefully in spring 2019. In what other ways are you involved with sustainability? We use pure CO2 for the optimal growth of our tomato plants, via OCAP. This is coming from the nearby industry. As a result, we do not need to use the boiler or CHP for CO2 recovery. OCAP and geothermal heat are a perfect combination. We also consciously handle our waste. For example, we process torn or rejected tomatoes into soup and ketchup in cooperation with Looye growers.
For more information:
Publication date: 11/15/2017
Other news in this sector: