- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
CAN (ON): Havecon breaks ground for turn-key Tweed Farms expansion
“We see a long-term need for an exponentially larger footprint here in Canada balancing indoor and greenhouse growing platforms,” said Bruce Linton, Chairman and CEO, Canopy Growth. “Expanding the production capacity and greenhouse space at Tweed Farms allows us to continue to grow into the demand in the market, and showcase our best-in-class sungrown products.”
The state-of-the-art greenhouse will be equipped with the most modern growing systems and technology available to ensure that the maximum amount of natural light will be distributed throughout the greenhouse while maximizing energy efficiency. The rain water that falls onto the roof of the greenhouse will be collected and treated. There are a number of computer controlled fertigation systems that will allow Tweed to precisely control the amount and type of nutrients being sent to the plants. All unused water will be collected, treated and then reused again making this irrigation system truly a closed system.
The greenhouse is divided into several separate climate zones, each of which can be controlled independently and cooled or heated to match the environmental needs of various growth cycles during the year.
As expected with a greenhouse of this magnitude the tech there will also be a state of art lighting installation. The electrical and computer system behind all of this technology is truly the unsung hero. Great steps have been taken to make sure that every aspect of the greenhouse's growing systems can be precisely monitored and controlled while making sure that most of the electrical equipment is hidden away out of sight.
The expansion will be completed in the spring of 2018.
For more information:
Havecon Kassenbouw B.V.
2665 JE Bleiswijk
2665 ZG Bleiswijk
Tel. +31(0)10 266 32 70
Fax +31(0)10 266 32 71
1 Hershey Dr.
Smiths Falls, Ontario
1 855 558 9333 x 122
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 "Check whether no invisible dirt is left behind after disinfection"
- 10/19/2018 US: Plantible Foods completes extractions technology raise
- 10/19/2018 Russia: Eco-culture comments on massive expansion
- 10/18/2018 Lift cart collects data while crop work is done
- 10/18/2018 Russia: 10 ha strawberry greenhouse planned in Elektrostal
- 10/18/2018 Moscow region reaches 100% self-sufficiency with tomatoes and cucumbers
- 10/18/2018 Turkey: Increase in greenhouse banana production in Antalya
- 10/18/2018 "Professional production facilities like greenhouses are a must to be able to export"
- 10/18/2018 US (OH): Great Lakes Growers doubles production capacity to 160,000 sq.ft.
- 10/17/2018 China to build Dutch-inspired high-tech agriculture park
- 10/17/2018 Japan: Education center expands with 1 ha tomato production greenhouse
- 10/16/2018 Russia: 2 ha greenhouse opened in Dagestan
- 10/16/2018 US (CA): Leichtag Foundation gets six gutter-connected greenhouses
- 10/16/2018 Winterproofing the greenhouse
- 10/16/2018 US: California invests $1.5 million in seasonal high tunnels
- 10/16/2018 US: Incentives aid greenhouses and nurseries in implementing energy efficiency practices
- 10/15/2018 Turkey: Decline in agricultural production areas in Kutahya
- 10/15/2018 How to keep greenhouse conditions optimal for plant growth
- 10/15/2018 Japanese pitch "biggest greenhouse in the world"
- 10/12/2018 Russia: Nobody interested in Altai greenhouse complex