Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Ending water abstraction licensing exemptionsFollowing consultation, Defra have confirmed they are ending licensing exemptions for significant water abstraction in England and Wales.
Applications for new licenses, managed by the Environment Agency and Natural Resources Wales, will open on 1 January 2018 with a two year window.
Consultation was held in 2009 and 2016. The changes to the exemptions aim to improve water resource management by making abstractors' rights to water fairer and protecting the water environment.
Further information including the consultation documents can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/water-abstraction-licensing-changes-to-exemptions-in-england-and-wales
Publication date: 11/2/2017
Other news in this sector: