Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Ending water abstraction licensing exemptionsFollowing consultation, Defra have confirmed they are ending licensing exemptions for significant water abstraction in England and Wales.
Applications for new licenses, managed by the Environment Agency and Natural Resources Wales, will open on 1 January 2018 with a two year window.
Consultation was held in 2009 and 2016. The changes to the exemptions aim to improve water resource management by making abstractors' rights to water fairer and protecting the water environment.
Further information including the consultation documents can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/water-abstraction-licensing-changes-to-exemptions-in-england-and-wales
Publication date: 11/2/2017
Other news in this sector: