- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
- International Business student looking for an internship
- Responsable des cultures en pleine terre pour le nord de la France - Northern France
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US (AZ): Phoenix-based entrepreneur promotes aeroponics
Albright was invited as part of the Science and Mathematics Colloquium Series, a series designed to expose students to the work of researchers and practitioners in various fields.
Albright and his wife, Lisa, established True Garden in 2013. True Garden is a solar powered aeroponic greenhouse capable of producing cool-season crops year round.
At the heart of True Garden’s operation are tower gardens produced by Future Growing.
True Garden was designed in partnership with Future Growing to preserve land and water. Albright said the technology is ideal for urban environments and wanted to prove it’s applicable in Arizona’s climate.
“What I grow in my greenhouse would take one to two acres," Albright said. "It’s like 1/25 of an acre. Every time you go vertical you can grow a lot more. We use 90 percent less land and water than when growing in soil.”
Albright said water is a particularly precious resource in places like Arizona because of its scarcity. He also said the soil in Arizona makes it difficult to grow crops, and aeroponics is a solution for both of those issues.
Read more at The State Press (Jose Ivan Cazares)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/12/2018 Grow & Roll with vertical farms
- 10/11/2018 AI does food
- 10/11/2018 US (HI): Researchers help Waimānalo families use aquaponics, improve health
- 10/10/2018 UAE: Dubai South selected as site for Emirates Flight Catering project
- 10/10/2018 US (NJ): Strange-looking hydroponic farm at Forbes College is fully functioning experiment
- 10/10/2018 US (MO): Urban farming organization visualizes franchise model to produce fish and vegetables
- 10/08/2018 US (NY): Future chefs educated in hydroponic garden
- 10/08/2018 US (KS): Professor uses aquaponics to teach sustainability
- 10/08/2018 CAN (ON): DelFrescoPure announces partnership with CubicFarms
- 10/05/2018 Hydroponic farm as furniture
- 10/05/2018 Vertical farming - the reinvention of horticulture?
- 10/05/2018 US (CT): Students work hands-on with data analytics and IoT through aquaponics project
- 10/04/2018 EU invests 2 million euros to raise aquaponics awareness
- 10/04/2018 "Having little space is no longer an excuse"
- 10/04/2018 Be a part of Agrilyst’s annual State of Indoor Report
- 10/03/2018 Trinidad & Tobago: Aquaponic farmers get refresher course
- 10/02/2018 South Africa: Philippi households to get lessons on hydroponics
- 10/02/2018 Fancy staying at an aquaponic hotel?
- 10/02/2018 AVF Hong Kong event leads to industry roadmap
- 10/01/2018 US vertical farm supplier partners with Spanish greenhouse builder