- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- “Consumption of rotten tomatoes causes cancer”
- Australia: Mother Nature knocks down Queensland fruit farmers again
- Australia: Western Sydney greenhouse growers' tour
- Plan 2020: King Courgette guarantees that 100% of the energy used in its facilities is green
- Poland: Drought subsidies made available for farmers
CAN (ON): Rob Geertsema still hopes to expand in Dawn-Euphemia
“We did put the farm for sale… but that’s just in case nothing happens,” Rob Geertsema said Thursday.
Greenhill, which already operates a greenhouse complex south of Kent Bridge in Chatham-Kent, had hoped to break ground at their Dawn-Euphemia site this past summer, but issues regarding water access have become a major challenge.
The township council had asked for an increase in water volume from 300 cubic metres per day to 1,300 cubic metres to accommodate Greenhill’s requirements.
Dawn-Euphemia draws its water through Enniskillen Township via Petrolia. The request for more water required extensive testing to ensure the system could handle the increase.
Greenhill Produce had presented a site plan in early August, and Geertsema said it was from there the company began experiencing delays. In the last six weeks, he said he was told Dawn-Euphemia could not supply water under current conditions.
“We’ve been waiting for answers and didn’t get any… so that’s why we’ve put it up for sale… it’s just business,” he said.
Read more at Chatham Daily News (Melissa Schilz)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 "Check whether no invisible dirt is left behind after disinfection"
- 10/19/2018 US: Plantible Foods completes extractions technology raise
- 10/19/2018 Russia: Eco-culture comments on massive expansion
- 10/18/2018 Lift cart collects data while crop work is done
- 10/18/2018 Russia: 10 ha strawberry greenhouse planned in Elektrostal
- 10/18/2018 Moscow region reaches 100% self-sufficiency with tomatoes and cucumbers
- 10/18/2018 Turkey: Increase in greenhouse banana production in Antalya
- 10/18/2018 "Professional production facilities like greenhouses are a must to be able to export"
- 10/18/2018 US (OH): Great Lakes Growers doubles production capacity to 160,000 sq.ft.
- 10/17/2018 China to build Dutch-inspired high-tech agriculture park
- 10/17/2018 Japan: Education center expands with 1 ha tomato production greenhouse
- 10/16/2018 Russia: 2 ha greenhouse opened in Dagestan
- 10/16/2018 US (CA): Leichtag Foundation gets six gutter-connected greenhouses
- 10/16/2018 Winterproofing the greenhouse
- 10/16/2018 US: California invests $1.5 million in seasonal high tunnels
- 10/16/2018 US: Incentives aid greenhouses and nurseries in implementing energy efficiency practices
- 10/15/2018 Turkey: Decline in agricultural production areas in Kutahya
- 10/15/2018 How to keep greenhouse conditions optimal for plant growth
- 10/15/2018 Japanese pitch "biggest greenhouse in the world"
- 10/12/2018 Russia: Nobody interested in Altai greenhouse complex