Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Syngenta sells assets to Nufarm in relation to the ChemChina acquisitionAdama and Syngenta have entered into binding agreement with Nufarm to sell a portfolio of crop protection products for an agreed transaction value of USD 490 million. The combined portfolio of products being divested includes off-patent crop protection formulations in the herbicides, fungicides, insecticides and other categories in the EEA. No physical assets (apart from inventory) or personnel will be transferred as part of the transaction. Syngenta will also sell inventory to Nufarm at closing of the transaction, which is expected to occur in the first quarter of calendar year 2018.
The transaction was carried out in accordance with the commitments given to the European Commission relating to ChemChina’s acquisition of Syngenta, which was completed in May 2017. Completion of the transaction is subject to clearance by the relevant European Competition authorities, as well as qualification of Nufarm by the European Commission as a “suitable purchaser”, as stipulated under the commitments. The disposal process has been carried out under the supervision of Duff & Phelps in their role as the monitoring trustee to the European Commission.
Rabobank is acting as exclusive financial advisor to Syngenta in connection with this transaction.
For more information:
Publication date: 11/16/2017
Other news in this sector: