Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (WY): Possibility of greenhouse in Lovell exploredLovell Inc. and the Western Sugar Cooperative announced this week that the two entities have entered into an agreement to participate in a feasibility study to determine whether waste heat generated from the sugar plant in Lovell during the beet processing campaign can be economically used to heat a greenhouse to grow vegetables year around.
The state-of-the-art greenhouse would be located somewhere near the factory, so that steam and water left over from the processing of beets could be piped directly into the heating system of the greenhouse. Currently, the water is piped into holding ponds near the factory.
The greenhouse would produce vegetables that could be sold locally and beyond. An adjacent production facility could also be used to wash and package produce raised locally by small farmers and even backyard gardeners.
Read more at the Lovell Chronicle
Publication date: 10/20/2017
Other news in this sector: