Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Workers safe after carbon monoxide incident at Windset Farms
- Hydropothecary announces expansion plans
- "With unemployment at record lows, labor is our biggest challenge"
- Australia: New project to drive agriculture innovation in Victoria
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
Top 5 - last month
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- Partial replacement of PAR light by far red light in tomato
- NL: New Geothermal Energy Alliance in South Holland
- German Agricultural Society and Fairtrade enter strategic partnership in Africa
- US (ME): Aquaponic grower secures $1.6M to expand greenhouse
Exchange ratesmore »
Germany: Growtainer delivered at Weihenstephan-Triesdorf University
Dedicated research to analyze opportunities for applications and innovations in indoor environments often comes with high initial investment costs. But thanks to the mobility of an indoor cultivation environment like a Growtainer®, that investment cost can be significantly decreased.
A Spanish pharmaceutical manufacturer took advantage of this plan and approach last year, when they installed a Growtainer® at their plant in Pallafols, just outside of Barcelona.
Over the last 12 months, the company used the Growtainer® to carry out several research trials and studies to become more acquainted with the advantages of indoor farming and learn about opportunities it could offer to their R&D programs. Now that the research has been successfully completed, the Growtainer® is on to its next challenge in Europe.
The Growtainer at its new premises in Germany.
"We delivered the Growtainer last week at the Weihenstephan-Triesdorf University of Applied Science in Freising", Glenn Behrman of CEA Advisors informed us. "The unit will start a new purpose here as research environment for the faculty and their students. We're not only involved with their Horticulture students but also their Retail and Business faculty".
Weiehenstephan-Triesdorf is the an outstanding German university specializing in green "hands on" engineering courses. "The Growtainer is the first of its kind in Germany. Next to research purposes, the facility will also be used to teach their students about Vertical Farming.
Other news in this sector: