- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Yellow pear tomato going strong for two centuries
It has been avidly grown by gardeners for more than two centuries.
Despite being called yellow pear, it is definitely not a pear but takes its name from being pear-shaped and bright golden yellow.
A prolifically fruiting cherry tomato first grown in Europe, it is the best known of a group of heritage tomatoes described as pear tomatoes.
There are similar red and orange fruit, along with a cultivar called beam’s yellow pear that is often grown in containers.
Possibly because of its novel colour compared to traditional red tomatoes, it became a favourite in the US after it was introduced there in the early 1800s.
Read more at The Weekly Times (Tony Fawcett)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 Ghana: Actor John Dumelo makes money from own cucumbers
- 09/19/2018 "Uniform wetting and rewetting of the plugs"
- 09/19/2018 The benefits of eating fruit
- 09/18/2018 Turkey: “Super” tomatoes from Igdir receive a lot of interest from Iran
- 09/17/2018 Turkey: Tomato from Insuyu about to become a brand name
- 09/12/2018 CAN (QC): Belgian émigré makes tomato wine
- 09/10/2018 Global trade fair dedicated to chili peppers
- 09/10/2018 Hawthorne Hydroponics recalls humidifiers due to fire and shock hazards
- 09/06/2018 Malaysian parents name their kids ‘Dhury Yan’ and ‘Rambutt'an’
- 09/03/2018 Are Pueblo chile peppers kicking up the heat this year?
- 08/30/2018 New LED toplighting with higher output for light-loving crops
- 08/29/2018 New LED solutions create more efficient vertically grown cannabis
- 08/27/2018 “We continue to expand our organic line”
- 08/24/2018 Which is which: Cherry vs. grape tomatoes
- 08/21/2018 "Cultivation floor provides better root system and uniform irrigation"
- 08/20/2018 Hydrofarm and Atmosphere announce strategic distribution partnership
- 08/15/2018 German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
- 08/13/2018 US (CA): Broccoli rabe poised to rise in popularity
- 08/10/2018 Hottest UK chilli pepper feels the heat
- 08/09/2018 Omex establishes new trials site in Sicily