Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Belgian grower in league with Mexican drug cartelIt's not just American tomato growers who are making money with marijuana. A Belgian grower has been doing business with the Mexican Sinaloa drug cartel. Monday, a judge convicted him to 6 years in prison.
Two years ago, the grower got into financial problems. His employee introduced a special contact to help him. He became an intermediate, and his nursery a cover-up for the world famous Mexican cartel Sinaloa. Via the company, 400 kilograms of cocaine was imported from Peru and 1.5 tons of marijuana from Mexico.
But now this extraordinary part-time job has come to an end. The man and his employee were caught and convicted for their activities. Both have to go to jail. In their defense, the growers' lawyers said they never had any contact with the cartel, nor with El Chapo.
Publication date: 10/3/2017
Other news in this sector: