Job offersmore »
- International Sales Manager - Global
- Sales Representative - Kingsville, Canada (ON)
- Horticulture instructors - Canada
- Sales & Supply Manager - Australia
- Marketing Manager LED Solutions Floriculture - Netherlands
- Potato Technical Manager - Russia
- Export Sales Manager - Kings Lynn, Norfolk, England
- Career positions in Tehachapi - US (CA)
- Marketing manager - Westerlo, Belgium
- Hydroponic and greenhouse positions - United States
Last commentsmore »
- Technology converts organic wastes into organic fertilizer in just one day (6)
- Rabobank: Lower oil prices contributing to lower food prices (1)
- Complete range of Beekenkamp now in one app (1)
- Maximum biological protection at Windset Farms (1)
- Asia: Beijing Kingpeng leads China's emergence in the greenhouse industry (2)
- Swedes design fully automated roof washer for poly houses (1)
- 2015 is declared as the International Year of Soils (1)
- Spain: Capital Genetic and Mendeleyes extend cooperation on Research and Development of new varieties (2)
- India: Andhra govt offers 75% subsidy for greenhouse farming (2)
- Saudi Arabia: Huge farm, nursery blaze in Qatif (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Aeroponic towers: how they work and why they are so popular
- Rabobank net profit decreases, greenhouses a concern
- Koppert introduces natural spray treatment against aphids and whitefies
- Advanced greenhouse poly reduces temperature without losing light
- BrightBox: the most complete commercial research facility for growing without daylight
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Canada: Hero Certified Burgers selects Ontario greenhouse TomatoesThe Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers (OGVG) is pleased to announce that Ontario greenhouse tomatoes have been added to Hero Certified Burgers’ portfolio of toppings. Hero Certified Burgers is a successful Canadian chain committed to high quality, local, and sustainable products at all of its 49 locations throughout Ontario.
Working in partnership with OGVG, Hero Certified Burgers embarked on a process to source an Ontario greenhouse tomato that could meet their needs. Selecting the tomato of choice to top their burgers was based on taste, quality, year round availability, performance and food safety.
“OGVG has been pleased to be part of this process with Hero Certified Burgers and we look forward to working with other foodservice partners in the future,” said Don Taylor, Chair of the Board of OGVG. “In a competitive market, these new partnerships that expand and support our produce in the foodservice marketplace will help sustain Ontario agriculture and our Ontario greenhouse vegetable farmers.”
To find out more about this fresh and local Hero Certified Burgers offering visit www.heroburgers.com.
This initiative was a case study within an OGVG foodservice project. Investment in this project has been provided by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada through the Canadian Agricultural Adaptation Program (CAAP). In Ontario, this program is delivered by the Agricultural Adaptation Council.
Publication date: 9/18/2013
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.