Job offersmore »
- Facilities Manager - Concord, NH, USA
- General Manager - Saudi Arabia
- Plant Production Manager - Plock, Central Poland
- Production Manager / Grower - USA (west coast)
- Grower - Ontario, Canada
- Regional Research Manager - Southern Region, USA
- Export Area Manager - Barcelona, Spain
- Distributors and sales representatives
- Farm Manager in Nanyuki/Timau , Kenya
- Greenhouse Lighting Sales Manager, LED Lighting - North America
Last commentsmore »
- Technology converts organic wastes into organic fertilizer in just one day (13)
- Turkish breeder Yüksel introduces hybrid greenhouse varieties worldwide (3)
- New protocol for CGMMV available soon (1)
- US: Illumitex LEDs for Nevada indoor grower (1)
- Hoogstraten and BelOrta promote Flandria peppers in France (1)
- New beit alpha cucumber varieties available to Indian greenhouse growers (1)
- "Success of marijuana industry depends on the input from commercial vegetable growers" (1)
- Dutch support for small and medium sized vegetable growers in Kenya (1)
- UK: Shopper finds dead frog squished on her Lidl cucumber (1)
- Lab testing of India's potatoes, green chillies for export mandatory (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Canada: Hero Certified Burgers selects Ontario greenhouse TomatoesThe Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers (OGVG) is pleased to announce that Ontario greenhouse tomatoes have been added to Hero Certified Burgers’ portfolio of toppings. Hero Certified Burgers is a successful Canadian chain committed to high quality, local, and sustainable products at all of its 49 locations throughout Ontario.
Working in partnership with OGVG, Hero Certified Burgers embarked on a process to source an Ontario greenhouse tomato that could meet their needs. Selecting the tomato of choice to top their burgers was based on taste, quality, year round availability, performance and food safety.
“OGVG has been pleased to be part of this process with Hero Certified Burgers and we look forward to working with other foodservice partners in the future,” said Don Taylor, Chair of the Board of OGVG. “In a competitive market, these new partnerships that expand and support our produce in the foodservice marketplace will help sustain Ontario agriculture and our Ontario greenhouse vegetable farmers.”
To find out more about this fresh and local Hero Certified Burgers offering visit www.heroburgers.com.
This initiative was a case study within an OGVG foodservice project. Investment in this project has been provided by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada through the Canadian Agricultural Adaptation Program (CAAP). In Ontario, this program is delivered by the Agricultural Adaptation Council.
Publication date: 9/18/2013
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.