Job offersmore »
- Agent d’assurance en France
- Propagation Grower (Delta, BC)
- EXPORT AREA MANAGER NORTH WEST EUROPE
- Farm Manager - France
- Customer oriented Technical representative North America
- Agriculture Consultant - Vietnam
- International Sales Manager - Global
- Sales Representative - Kingsville, Canada (ON)
- Horticulture instructors - Canada
- Sales & Supply Manager - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- Ireland: Tomato plants ‘converted’ themselves’ into cannabis (1)
- Colombian flower growers working hard on reputation (1)
- Mildew prevention in lettuce culture with Intra Hydrocare (1)
- Exclusive deal Village Farms and Florida Organic Farms (1)
- Bahamas receives Aquaponics Training Seminar (1)
- Kenya: Innovations galore at Eldoret show, as greenhouse 'fish ponds' wow visitors (3)
- HortiMaX launches MultiMa 2015 and Synopta 4 (1)
- First volumes of big sweet winter strawberries (1)
- US: Deadline for AFE Scholarships fast approaching (4)
- Priva and UrbanFarmers to build rooftop farm on former Philips factory (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Big fraud investigation in Dutch flower industry
- "DR0141TX perfect rootstock for cultivation in our Ultra Clima greenhouse"
- Video : Take a peak inside the greenhouse of one of the largest growers in Holland
- UK: Production update from LED trial at STC
- Ireland: Tomato plants ‘converted’ themselves’ into cannabis
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Canada: Hero Certified Burgers selects Ontario greenhouse TomatoesThe Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers (OGVG) is pleased to announce that Ontario greenhouse tomatoes have been added to Hero Certified Burgers’ portfolio of toppings. Hero Certified Burgers is a successful Canadian chain committed to high quality, local, and sustainable products at all of its 49 locations throughout Ontario.
Working in partnership with OGVG, Hero Certified Burgers embarked on a process to source an Ontario greenhouse tomato that could meet their needs. Selecting the tomato of choice to top their burgers was based on taste, quality, year round availability, performance and food safety.
“OGVG has been pleased to be part of this process with Hero Certified Burgers and we look forward to working with other foodservice partners in the future,” said Don Taylor, Chair of the Board of OGVG. “In a competitive market, these new partnerships that expand and support our produce in the foodservice marketplace will help sustain Ontario agriculture and our Ontario greenhouse vegetable farmers.”
To find out more about this fresh and local Hero Certified Burgers offering visit www.heroburgers.com.
This initiative was a case study within an OGVG foodservice project. Investment in this project has been provided by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada through the Canadian Agricultural Adaptation Program (CAAP). In Ontario, this program is delivered by the Agricultural Adaptation Council.
Publication date: 9/18/2013
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.