Job offersmore »
- Research Assistant Marker Assisted Breeding Pepper - Nunhem, the Netherlands
- Tomato/Cucumber Chief Grower - Kazakhstan
- Production Manager Pepper - Nunhem, the Netherlands
- Greenhouse Grower - Chicago, IL
- Product Specialist Zaailingen - Hendrik Ido Ambacht, the Netherlands
- Sales-Manager Scherming - the Netherlands
- Senior Grower - Australia
- Australia: Supply Chain Co-ordinator/QC Officer
- Marketing and Sales Manager - U.S.A. and Canada
- Sales Representative, Horticulture - Delta, BC - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- Canada: ACROBATic Controls to install turnkey integrated automation and irrigation system at Les Serres
- Video: Saving energy with combined dehumidification and vertical ventilation
- Mais Saúde building modern vegetable greenhouse in Brazil
- Conley's shares updated growing systems and designs on new user-friendly website
- Red Sun Farms makes the list of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures of 2014
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Canada: Hero Certified Burgers selects Ontario greenhouse TomatoesThe Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers (OGVG) is pleased to announce that Ontario greenhouse tomatoes have been added to Hero Certified Burgers’ portfolio of toppings. Hero Certified Burgers is a successful Canadian chain committed to high quality, local, and sustainable products at all of its 49 locations throughout Ontario.
Working in partnership with OGVG, Hero Certified Burgers embarked on a process to source an Ontario greenhouse tomato that could meet their needs. Selecting the tomato of choice to top their burgers was based on taste, quality, year round availability, performance and food safety.
“OGVG has been pleased to be part of this process with Hero Certified Burgers and we look forward to working with other foodservice partners in the future,” said Don Taylor, Chair of the Board of OGVG. “In a competitive market, these new partnerships that expand and support our produce in the foodservice marketplace will help sustain Ontario agriculture and our Ontario greenhouse vegetable farmers.”
To find out more about this fresh and local Hero Certified Burgers offering visit www.heroburgers.com.
This initiative was a case study within an OGVG foodservice project. Investment in this project has been provided by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada through the Canadian Agricultural Adaptation Program (CAAP). In Ontario, this program is delivered by the Agricultural Adaptation Council.
Publication date: 9/18/2013
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.