Job offersmore »
- Grower Peppers and Chillies - Almeria, Spain
- Research Scientist, Ornamental Breeding - Canada (ON)
- Marketingassistent - The Netherlands
- Sales Representative (M/F) - Northern England
- Technical / New-Business-Development-Manager - UK, Netherlands, Belgium
- Growing Supervisor - Australia
- Group Controller - Netherlands
- European Sales Manager - UK
- Business Director Northern and Western Europe - The Netherlands
- Farmmanager Production Youngplants - Portugal
Last commentsmore »
- Dutch company provide jobs in Ethiopian flower industry (4)
- Duijvestijn Tomatoes awarded world's best tomato grower (1)
- Canada: New loans and grants will help greenhouses access cheaper energy (99)
- US: Greenhouse Vegetable Consultants adds new consultant to its team (1)
- India; Farmer sets an example through drip irrigation (1)
- Photo report: HortiDaily High Tech Greenhouse Tour 2015 (1)
- Vertical farming: A hot new area for investors (1)
- US: Arborjet's 2015 "Taking Root" College Scholarship Program now accepting applications (1)
- W.Martens plants new crop in upgraded and expanded Beamsville greenhouses (1)
- Turkey: Smart greenhouses grow produce without human intervention (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US (NJ): Groundbreaking for Aerofarms' new corporate headquarters and world's largest indoor vertical farm
- Photo Report Cultivate '15
- Greece closes banks, greenhouse growers can't order new seeds, supplies
- Putin takes a break with his massive greenhouse plans?
- Philips opens new GrowWise City Farming research center
Exchange ratesmore »
Canada: Hero Certified Burgers selects Ontario greenhouse TomatoesThe Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers (OGVG) is pleased to announce that Ontario greenhouse tomatoes have been added to Hero Certified Burgers’ portfolio of toppings. Hero Certified Burgers is a successful Canadian chain committed to high quality, local, and sustainable products at all of its 49 locations throughout Ontario.
Working in partnership with OGVG, Hero Certified Burgers embarked on a process to source an Ontario greenhouse tomato that could meet their needs. Selecting the tomato of choice to top their burgers was based on taste, quality, year round availability, performance and food safety.
“OGVG has been pleased to be part of this process with Hero Certified Burgers and we look forward to working with other foodservice partners in the future,” said Don Taylor, Chair of the Board of OGVG. “In a competitive market, these new partnerships that expand and support our produce in the foodservice marketplace will help sustain Ontario agriculture and our Ontario greenhouse vegetable farmers.”
To find out more about this fresh and local Hero Certified Burgers offering visit www.heroburgers.com.
This initiative was a case study within an OGVG foodservice project. Investment in this project has been provided by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada through the Canadian Agricultural Adaptation Program (CAAP). In Ontario, this program is delivered by the Agricultural Adaptation Council.
Publication date: 9/18/2013
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.