Job offersmore »
- Sales and Marketing Manager - China
- International Trade Marketeer - Netherlands
- Greenhouse Supervisor - Dunville, Ontario
- Export Area Manager - Finland
- Chief Operating Officer – Northern Africa
- Account Manager - Export
- Greenhouse Manager - Austin, Texas
- International salesmanager - The Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - Eastern US
- Sales Representatives - United States (MO, IL, IN)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Program 2016 HortiDaily High Tech Greenhouse Tour announced
- Is Casey Houweling going to produce the U.S.'s most sustainable tomato?
- "Weight measurements of the plants tells me a great deal"
- Canada: First seedlings placed in Roelands Plant Farms expansion
- US (IL): Gotham Greens expands to Chicago with the world's largest rooftop farm
Top 5 - last month
- Sweden: Family designs greenhouse to wrap around home and warm it naturally
- Register now for the 2016 HortiDaily High Tech Greenhouse Tour
- Tomato production under LED exceeds 100 kilo/m2
- Large scale greenhouse production without fossil fuels?
- UK: APS Salads first UK grower with 100% LED lighting installation for tomatoes
Exchange ratesmore »
Canada: Hero Certified Burgers selects Ontario greenhouse TomatoesThe Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers (OGVG) is pleased to announce that Ontario greenhouse tomatoes have been added to Hero Certified Burgers’ portfolio of toppings. Hero Certified Burgers is a successful Canadian chain committed to high quality, local, and sustainable products at all of its 49 locations throughout Ontario.
Working in partnership with OGVG, Hero Certified Burgers embarked on a process to source an Ontario greenhouse tomato that could meet their needs. Selecting the tomato of choice to top their burgers was based on taste, quality, year round availability, performance and food safety.
“OGVG has been pleased to be part of this process with Hero Certified Burgers and we look forward to working with other foodservice partners in the future,” said Don Taylor, Chair of the Board of OGVG. “In a competitive market, these new partnerships that expand and support our produce in the foodservice marketplace will help sustain Ontario agriculture and our Ontario greenhouse vegetable farmers.”
To find out more about this fresh and local Hero Certified Burgers offering visit www.heroburgers.com.
This initiative was a case study within an OGVG foodservice project. Investment in this project has been provided by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada through the Canadian Agricultural Adaptation Program (CAAP). In Ontario, this program is delivered by the Agricultural Adaptation Council.
Publication date: 9/18/2013
Other news in this sector: