Job offersmore »
- Customer oriented Technical representative - North America
- Hydroponic Greenhouse Grower - Leamington, Ontario
- Research Manager - France
- Chief Operation Manager - China
- Territory Sales Representative - United States
- International Sales & Marketing Executive
- Head of Procurement and Supply Chain - UK
- Product Manager Substrates
- International Account Manager
- Horticultural Manager - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- Canada: "Nobody wants to take the risk with unwashed bags" (1)
- US: Fred C. Gloeckner Foundation awards 15 grants (1)
- Uganda: Greenhouse gives veg grower better yields, more cash (9)
- WUR trial achieves 89.1 kilo of Komeett tomatoes per square meter (35)
- US (VA): Region’s agribusiness harnesses technology (1)
- New patterned sticky trap catches double amount of whitefly (1)
- Turkish greenhouse growers go bananas! (1)
- Growtainer: high tech production facility housed in a 40' shipping container (1)
- Mexican grower Floraplant acquires two Ellepot machines (1)
- What to ask in your search for the best LED grow lights (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Canada: Hero Certified Burgers selects Ontario greenhouse TomatoesThe Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers (OGVG) is pleased to announce that Ontario greenhouse tomatoes have been added to Hero Certified Burgers’ portfolio of toppings. Hero Certified Burgers is a successful Canadian chain committed to high quality, local, and sustainable products at all of its 49 locations throughout Ontario.
Working in partnership with OGVG, Hero Certified Burgers embarked on a process to source an Ontario greenhouse tomato that could meet their needs. Selecting the tomato of choice to top their burgers was based on taste, quality, year round availability, performance and food safety.
“OGVG has been pleased to be part of this process with Hero Certified Burgers and we look forward to working with other foodservice partners in the future,” said Don Taylor, Chair of the Board of OGVG. “In a competitive market, these new partnerships that expand and support our produce in the foodservice marketplace will help sustain Ontario agriculture and our Ontario greenhouse vegetable farmers.”
To find out more about this fresh and local Hero Certified Burgers offering visit www.heroburgers.com.
This initiative was a case study within an OGVG foodservice project. Investment in this project has been provided by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada through the Canadian Agricultural Adaptation Program (CAAP). In Ontario, this program is delivered by the Agricultural Adaptation Council.
Publication date: 9/18/2013
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.