Job offersmore »
- Technical Outside Sales Representative - Ontario, Canada / Northeast US
- Crop Production Manager / Agronomists / Operations Manager - Gambia
- Production Manager - Tasmania
- Dispatch Team Leader - Australia
- Market Development Manager - Russia
- Commercial Manager (Spanish speaking) - UK
- Operations Manager - United States
- Export produce trader – French market - Spain
- International Marketer - Netherlands
- Breeders, Soy, Corn and Sugar Cane Division - Brazil
Top 5 - yesterday
- Burglary at seed warehouse of Rijk Zwaan Italy
- Dutch companies supporting Vietnamese horti-sector with modern greenhouses
- Canada: Vineland releases 2014 Innovation Report
- Hoogendoorn tip: Automatic heating pre-control when screen closes
- Deficit irrigation affects growth, yield, vitamin C content of hot pepper grown in soilless culture
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Canada: Hero Certified Burgers selects Ontario greenhouse TomatoesThe Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers (OGVG) is pleased to announce that Ontario greenhouse tomatoes have been added to Hero Certified Burgers’ portfolio of toppings. Hero Certified Burgers is a successful Canadian chain committed to high quality, local, and sustainable products at all of its 49 locations throughout Ontario.
Working in partnership with OGVG, Hero Certified Burgers embarked on a process to source an Ontario greenhouse tomato that could meet their needs. Selecting the tomato of choice to top their burgers was based on taste, quality, year round availability, performance and food safety.
“OGVG has been pleased to be part of this process with Hero Certified Burgers and we look forward to working with other foodservice partners in the future,” said Don Taylor, Chair of the Board of OGVG. “In a competitive market, these new partnerships that expand and support our produce in the foodservice marketplace will help sustain Ontario agriculture and our Ontario greenhouse vegetable farmers.”
To find out more about this fresh and local Hero Certified Burgers offering visit www.heroburgers.com.
This initiative was a case study within an OGVG foodservice project. Investment in this project has been provided by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada through the Canadian Agricultural Adaptation Program (CAAP). In Ontario, this program is delivered by the Agricultural Adaptation Council.
Publication date: 9/18/2013
Other news in this sector: