Job offersmore »
- Project Manager NPD - Apeldoorn
- Maintenance Manager - Mansfield, Australia
- Crop Consultant - The Netherlands
- Purchasing Manager Tropical - Netherlands
- Purchasing Manager Melons - Europe
- Tomato/Cucumber Chief Grower - Georgia
- Trainee Grower - Warragul, Australia
- Experienced tomato grower for lighting greenhouse, Poland
- Maintenance Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Product Specialist - The Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- Swedish grower produces top dollar tomatoes with unique concept
- Enza Zaden showcases new 'tiger' bell pepper
- Spain: "Almeria has the world's largest greenhouse acreage with almost no phytosanitary treatments"
- Netherlands: King Willem-Alexander opens new PlantLab facility and head office
- Harvest Automation is now offering rental robots
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dutch greenhouse builders suspected of big fraud with EU subsidies
- Japan: Osaka Prefectural University’s opens immense new city farm
- Crushed foam glass meets all the requirements to be dream substrate
- Leamington grower successfully pioneering with growing media and varieties
- Australia: 16 hectare project of Cor Disselkoen taking off
Exchange ratesmore »
Canada: Hero Certified Burgers selects Ontario greenhouse TomatoesThe Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers (OGVG) is pleased to announce that Ontario greenhouse tomatoes have been added to Hero Certified Burgers’ portfolio of toppings. Hero Certified Burgers is a successful Canadian chain committed to high quality, local, and sustainable products at all of its 49 locations throughout Ontario.
Working in partnership with OGVG, Hero Certified Burgers embarked on a process to source an Ontario greenhouse tomato that could meet their needs. Selecting the tomato of choice to top their burgers was based on taste, quality, year round availability, performance and food safety.
“OGVG has been pleased to be part of this process with Hero Certified Burgers and we look forward to working with other foodservice partners in the future,” said Don Taylor, Chair of the Board of OGVG. “In a competitive market, these new partnerships that expand and support our produce in the foodservice marketplace will help sustain Ontario agriculture and our Ontario greenhouse vegetable farmers.”
To find out more about this fresh and local Hero Certified Burgers offering visit www.heroburgers.com.
This initiative was a case study within an OGVG foodservice project. Investment in this project has been provided by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada through the Canadian Agricultural Adaptation Program (CAAP). In Ontario, this program is delivered by the Agricultural Adaptation Council.
Publication date: 9/18/2013
Other news in this sector: