Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Dutch eggplant grower switches to Multigrow Premium:
"Slab is keeping up with tough times"During this season, Dutch eggplant nursery Jansen from Etten-Leur is cultivating on the 10 centimeter high Multigrow Premium slabs for the first time. "Last season we did a test on the brown slabs from Multigrow," grower Hans explained He is one of two brothers who run the family business. "One week after planting, the plant already had solid and firm roots over the full 10 centimeter height in the slab. The slab kept up well during the difficult growing periods and in the warmer period we picked less red-colored eggplants than last year. That is why we have fully switched to Multigrow Premium stone wool this season", Hans said.
Optimal root development
Multigrow Premium is a sustainable product that has been produced with formaldehyde-free binder. This makes the slab environmentally friendly and suitable for strong root development.
Hans: "The great advantage over other stone wool substrate slabs on the market is that the Multigrow Premium slab stays wet up to the top. This results in an optimal root development in the slab. The stone wool slab is well saturable and therefore easier to control. Especially for this type of eggplant is it a good, fertile slab."
Also for the new season, the Multigrow Premium slabs have been ordered again by the Jansen nursery. "That was not a difficult choice. Prices are competitive and the slabs are really satisfying!" Hans concludes.
Peter and Hans Jansen are the third generation in the family business. The grandfather of the brothers set up the company in the 1950s, where, among others, lettuce, cucumbers, cauliflower and peppers were cultivated. In the mid 90's, the brothers switched to eggplant cultivation. In addition to the 7.5 hectares of eggplant, they also have 2.5 hectares of strawberries.
For more information:
2635 CZ Den Hoorn ZH
T:+ 31 (0)15 - 2622738
Publication date: 9/12/2017
Other news in this sector: