Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Industry friends once again united in Columbus
The North American greenhouse, nursery and landscaping industry once again gathers in Columbus, Ohio this week for the annual Cultivate conference. After the traditional start with the Short Courses and Speaker Program on Saturday, the renewed trade show exhibition area opened its doors on Sunday morning.
The not-to-miss horticultural convention is all about catching up with industry friends, increasing knowledge and discovering new opportunities and innovations.
Held at the recently renovated Greater Columbus Convention Center, Cultivate '17 is jam-packed with more exhibitors than ever. The continuous growth is the U.S. greenhouse industry is well reflected in the increase of participating companies and visitors. Right after the opening on Sunday morning, the floor was filled with visitors searching for their suppliers. All of the exhibitors were assigned new booth locations this year, so some attention was required for this.
Cultivate again attracted more vegetable and leafy greens related exhibitors this year. CropKing even brought their high wire tomatoes to Columbus!
Our editors of HortiDaily.com and FloralDaily.com are onsite to report the event and scoop the latest stories on greenhouse projects, new varieties and other industry buzz.
Josh Zielinski finishing the 5k in 17:44
But before they could do so, they had to support their most fit industry friends at the sidelines of the LuxFlora 5k FlowerRun that was won by Josh Zielinski in a time of 17:44.
Editor Boy de Nijs joined the team of Blackmore - Ellepot USA to complete the Sunday morning race at Columbus Scioto Park, finishing in a time of 21:54.
Cultivate '17 will last till Tuesday. We will be back with updates and a complete photo report later this week. Feel free to drop us an email if you have any special news to share with our editors. They are available to drop by your booth!
Publication date: 7/17/2017
Other news in this sector: