Job offersmore »
- Business Advisor - China
- Nursery Manager (Container Plants) - Australia
- Nursery Operations Manager - Australia
- Packing Facility Manager - AU
- PRODUCTION MANAGER - Finland
- Electrical Engineer
- Service Engineer
- Farm Manager - Australia
- Greenhouse Manager / Head Grower, Bermuda
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US(PA): 60,000 sq.ft. vertical greenhouse to bolster Lancaster's less fortunate
- UK start-up introduces inflatable deep water culture system
- Leaf sensors can tell farmers when crops need to be watered
- Inefficient cannabis growers will go out of business eventually
- Hawaii: Ultra fine bubbles help lettuce grower reduce tipburn
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (ON): Former rose farm becomes MMJ operationA Canadian firm that has partnered with the Tragically Hip plans to invest millions and construct a medical marijuana facility that could eventually employ up to 100 local workers in the north end of Dufferin County.
With the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB) approving Enderlein Nurseries’ plan to construct the facility in Mulmur Township, Newstrike Resources Ltd. has acquired the former rose producer after completing a merger making it a licensed producer of cannabis earlier this summer.
As Newstrike CEO Jay Wilgar explained, there were a couple reasons Enderlein Nurseries piqued the company’s interest. For starters, the Mulmur-based operation used to be the largest grower of roses in Canada.
“They’ve obviously got very extensive experience growing in a greenhouse environment. That became a very important thing for us,” Wilgar told the Banner, noting Enderlein’s medical marijuana licence application is also “quite far” along in the Health Canada approval process.
“There are about 1,600 applications right now within the Health Canada cue system. They were actually application number 54,” he added. “We’re really hopeful and excited that Enderlein will be our next production facility.”
Read more at the Orangeville Banner
Publication date: 7/13/2017
Other news in this sector: