Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Korean pepper claims to reduce high blood sugar levels
We all love peppers. They spice up your life, increase your tasting experience and some say that they are healthy and make you loose weight. But wait, there is more! In Korea you can now also buy a special pepper that contains high AGI Beta-Carotene contents, which claims to decrease blood sugar levels. The so-called 'Beauty Pepper' from Korean seed breeder Asia Seed rapidly wins terrain in local supermarkets and might come to a pharmacy near you soon.
The Beauty Pepper is a non-pungency variety, which means it does not taste hot, sharp or spicy. Yet, the variety is tasty and crunchy. According to Asia Seed, the crunchy and juicy texture of the pepper makes it a favorite among consumers who emphasize a responsible and healthy lifestyle. "It contains high contents of Vitamin C, A, B, Zinc and. These nutrition factors are essential for modern people", the company said in a news release.
The high natural AGI (alpha glucosidase inhibitor) contents in the pepper make it a natural solution to drop blood sugar levels. "Recently, a professor of Bioscience and Biotechnolog at Se Jong University in South Korea confirmed this. Sang Hyeup Lee and his research team members concluded that the AGI contents on one fruit of Beauty Pepper shows the same result as the use of the medicine Akabose (40mg) for reducing blood sugar level of diabetes patients."
Production wise, the variety has a stable productivity and long shelf life. "Even during the hot summer season it maintains a strong fruit setting and plant vigor. The plant is easy to manage in a wire system and according to Asia Seed it has a good overall fruit quality with not many fruit abortion. "
The Beauty Pepper seed is available through Asia Seed, South Korea.
For more information:
Regional Manager: Andy Jaeyoung Ryu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Assistant Manager: Seong Jun Kim (email@example.com)
Other news in this sector: