Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Aquaponics serves up fresh produce for hospitalsSalad greens do not get much fresher than what is being served at select HealthPartners hospitals and clinics in the St. Croix Valley area.
The health care provider recently teamed with a Twin Cities-based aquaponics farm to deliver certified-organic produce within 24 hours of being harvested. Both organizations touted the pilot project as an easy way for patients and staff to eat healthy and be eco-friendly.
The participating HealthPartners locations are Lakeview Hospital in Stillwater, Minn., Hudson Hospital & Clinic, Westfields Hospital & Clinic in New Richmond, Wis., and Stillwater Medical Group.
"We are extremely proud of this partnership with HealthPartners," said Dave Haider with Urban Organics, which operates an aquaponics farm out of the former Hamm's Brewery in St. Paul. "This has been a great fit for us and it's exciting to be paired with a progressive group as we move forward."
Read more at the Republican Eagle
Publication date: 6/19/2017
Other news in this sector: