Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- 11 hectare greenhouse project opened in Azerbaijan
- Vietnam: TAP completes new phase in 24-hectare greenhouse
- US (PA): Feasibility study for a Center of Excellence for Indoor Agriculture
- How to get fast, accurate root zone moisture and EC data
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Aquaponics serves up fresh produce for hospitalsSalad greens do not get much fresher than what is being served at select HealthPartners hospitals and clinics in the St. Croix Valley area.
The health care provider recently teamed with a Twin Cities-based aquaponics farm to deliver certified-organic produce within 24 hours of being harvested. Both organizations touted the pilot project as an easy way for patients and staff to eat healthy and be eco-friendly.
The participating HealthPartners locations are Lakeview Hospital in Stillwater, Minn., Hudson Hospital & Clinic, Westfields Hospital & Clinic in New Richmond, Wis., and Stillwater Medical Group.
"We are extremely proud of this partnership with HealthPartners," said Dave Haider with Urban Organics, which operates an aquaponics farm out of the former Hamm's Brewery in St. Paul. "This has been a great fit for us and it's exciting to be paired with a progressive group as we move forward."
Read more at the Republican Eagle
Publication date: 6/19/2017
Other news in this sector: