Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
July 19, Kent
UK: Botanicoir releases 'game changer' at Fruit FocusBotanicoir is launching a ground-breaking new product, that’s said to be a game-changer in the soft-fruit industry, at Fruit Focus.
Taking the use of coir substrates to the next level, it's capable of rapid hydration, has optimum air-filled porosity, a superior structure, and offers excellent drainage capacity and ease of steering.
Visitors to the event are invited by Botanicoir to visit stand number 302 at 12:00 noon, on 19 July, for an exclusive unveiling of the new innovative product.
Bubbly, cakes, and coconut ice cream will be served, and guests will hear a short presentation from Kalum Balasuriya, Botanicoir managing director.
Also speaking at the launch event will be Paul Bennett, technical head for the Agrovista UK fruit team, and Sandy Booth, managing director of the New Forest Fruit Company, who has been trialling the product, and will report on the success he’s had with it.
Sandy Booth, is based in Hampshire and produces 3,000 tonnes of strawberries annually. He now grows 100% of his strawberry crop in the new coir substrate product being unveiled at Fruit Focus.
Initially, Sandy trialled one hectare of the growbags on the crops in the field, glasshouses and in polytunnels. He was so pleased with the results of the substrate’s performance that he decided to convert the whole operation over to the new growbags.
“The new growbags generate a higher fruit quality and we have seen yields increase,” says Sandy.
“They have better drainage, higher air-filled porosity due to the particles in the substrate which are consistent and this encourages uniform rooting and produces healthier plants.”
Botanicoir extends the launch invite to all Fruit Focus visitors, and if you would like to attend, contact email@example.com to confirm, as this will help with catering arrangements.
For more information:
The Light Bulb
1 Filament Walk
T: +44(0)207 118 0788
F: +44(0)207 691 9526
Publication date: 6/20/2017
Other news in this sector: