Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Plantlab says it has a patent on indoor farming
- CAN (ON): St. Michel ready to prepare next generation of Leamington growers
- How the bumblebee coincidentally saved the greenhouse industry
- Here's why you should close your windows in case of storm
- Dutch growers take advantage of new dehumidification techniques
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Apollo Group opens new factory in ThailandClaudia van den Pol, CEO of the Apollo Group, opened a new production facility in the capital of Thailand, Bangkok. Alongside with guests from all over the world, the new Thai team and Karel Hartogh (Ambassador of the Netherlands Embassy in Bangkok), Claudia celebrated not the first, not the second, but the third Apollo factory.
Part of the Apollo Group
At this 1600 square meter complex, the well known Apollo Spiral Conveyors will be manufactured by a new team of production and office employees. The new location is part of the Apollo Group, but carries its own name: Apollo VTS ASIA Ltd. They’ve been producing and selling Spiral Conveyors for several months, but now Apollo has celebrated their official opening.
The celebration started with the blessing of monks, called Kuhn Bahn Mai in Thailand. It is a Buddhist tradition in Thailand that offers protection and safety for the blessed building. After the blessing, the Ambassador of the Netherlands Embassy in Bangkok, Karel Hartogh and the guests arrived. The Ambassador and Claudia opened the day with a speech and then held an official ribbon-cutting ceremony. This meant the doors of the new Apollo factory were officially open. This was celebrated with a factory tour for the guests, so they could really get to know the new Apollo location. The day ended with a get-together in the fully decorated hall where the guests could enjoy a nice snack and drink.
Valuable floor space
Every year companies get more and more aware of the fact that floor space is a valuable thing. They want to utilise their square meters in the best way possible. This causes the Vertical Transport market to expand every year. Claudia van den Pol says: ‘’We got more and more quote requests, especially for the international market. And with the promise of Apollo to be 24/7 available and in the customers own language and environment, we had to expand. With the new location in Thailand, we can keep that promise.‘’
For more information:
Modem 28, 7741 MJ Coevorden
T +31 (0) 524 51 50 51
F +31 (0) 524 51 47 61
Publication date: 6/15/2017
Other news in this sector: