Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- Rough introduces the HopsHouse: a single-solution hydroponic hops greenhouses
- One million square foot cannabis production facility to be built in Australia
- Dutch go crazy on weed...duckweed that is
- Tomato and lettuce intercropping in a soilless system
- North America’s first scientific paper on how to produce cannabis under controlled environment
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Variable-rate fertigation can be simple and improve sustainability"With many different pivot systems in use throughout the world, it would be natural to assume that equipping a given machine to deliver variable rates of nitrogen would be extremely challenging. While this can be the case, some injection management systems offer universal variable-rate fertigation capabilities.
Agri-Inject, the specialized developer and manufacturer of fluid injection technology for agriculture, municipal and residential use, has incorporated universal Variable-Rate Fertigation (uVRF) capabilities into their reflex Proportional Injection System.
“The reflex system enables a producer to apply variable rates of fertilizer to different field sectors, without the aid of any other control system,” explains Agri-Inject CEO Erik Tribelhorn. “So, whether the pivot utilizes the latest control technology or is run with a percent timer and on/off switch, reflex will work with it.” With uVRF controlled by reflex, you can put the desired amount of fertilizer on any sector you define regardless of whether you’re applying water at a flat rate or doing sector-based variable-rate irrigation. The reflex unit will increase or decrease the injection rate depending on each sector and the speed of the pivot.
“Another advantage of the reflex system is that it is not wire based, but rather communicates by radio,” Tribelhorn notes. “As a result, the control panel does not have to be located at the pivot center. That means the control panel, injection point, and fertilizer tank can be located at the well or irrigation pump, greatly improving accessibility.” Innovations like the reflex injection system make it easy to spoon-feed nitrogen to your corn crop throughout the growing season.
For more information:
5500 East Highway 34
Yuma, Colorado USA 80759
Publication date: 6/16/2017
Other news in this sector: