Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- 11 hectare greenhouse project opened in Azerbaijan
- Vietnam: TAP completes new phase in 24-hectare greenhouse
- US (PA): Feasibility study for a Center of Excellence for Indoor Agriculture
- How to get fast, accurate root zone moisture and EC data
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Variable-rate fertigation can be simple and improve sustainability"With many different pivot systems in use throughout the world, it would be natural to assume that equipping a given machine to deliver variable rates of nitrogen would be extremely challenging. While this can be the case, some injection management systems offer universal variable-rate fertigation capabilities.
Agri-Inject, the specialized developer and manufacturer of fluid injection technology for agriculture, municipal and residential use, has incorporated universal Variable-Rate Fertigation (uVRF) capabilities into their reflex Proportional Injection System.
“The reflex system enables a producer to apply variable rates of fertilizer to different field sectors, without the aid of any other control system,” explains Agri-Inject CEO Erik Tribelhorn. “So, whether the pivot utilizes the latest control technology or is run with a percent timer and on/off switch, reflex will work with it.” With uVRF controlled by reflex, you can put the desired amount of fertilizer on any sector you define regardless of whether you’re applying water at a flat rate or doing sector-based variable-rate irrigation. The reflex unit will increase or decrease the injection rate depending on each sector and the speed of the pivot.
“Another advantage of the reflex system is that it is not wire based, but rather communicates by radio,” Tribelhorn notes. “As a result, the control panel does not have to be located at the pivot center. That means the control panel, injection point, and fertilizer tank can be located at the well or irrigation pump, greatly improving accessibility.” Innovations like the reflex injection system make it easy to spoon-feed nitrogen to your corn crop throughout the growing season.
For more information:
5500 East Highway 34
Yuma, Colorado USA 80759
Publication date: 6/16/2017
Other news in this sector: