Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- One million square foot cannabis production facility to be built in Australia
- NatureFresh Farms develops unconventional pest management methods
- Rough introduces the HopsHouse: a single-solution hydroponic hops greenhouses
- Protected Cropping Australia appoints new board
- Dutch police raids greenhouses in heroin investigation
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Toxic nitrogen forms in fresh organic growing media?If you formulate an organic growing medium by adding starter organic fertilizers, the growing medium should not be used immediately. It should be allowed to “rest” for 2-4 weeks before using it because various microorganism populations that are required to break down complex organic materials into various intermediary forms of nitrogen need to build up.
Until this occurs, there is a possibility that toxic, intermediary forms of nitrogen accumulate in the growing medium until another group of microorganisms build up to continue the nitrogen conversion process.
This is especially true if a customer makes his/her own growing media as prepackaged growing media has had enough time to rest by the time the customer uses it. The following explains this process.
Publication date: 6/13/2017
Other news in this sector: