Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Belgians experiment with Spirulina algae in greenhouses
The PCG started the cultivation season of micro-alga Spirulina on 20 April. After performing some exploratory tests in the autumn of 2016 to find a suitable harvesting system, the pilot setup is now operational.
The research is being conducted within the framework of Interreg Flanders - the Netherlands project 'The Blue Chain' and is aimed at optimising Spirulina's cultivation in a greenhouse environment.
Specific focus will be on maximising the content of the natural blue dye contained by this micro-alga, called fycocyanin.
Various sectors such as the textile, building and paper industry are asking for this product to be launched, but only Asia and the US are currently marketing the dye.
Publication date: 5/31/2017
Other news in this sector: