Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Belgians experiment with Spirulina algae in greenhouses
The PCG started the cultivation season of micro-alga Spirulina on 20 April. After performing some exploratory tests in the autumn of 2016 to find a suitable harvesting system, the pilot setup is now operational.
The research is being conducted within the framework of Interreg Flanders - the Netherlands project 'The Blue Chain' and is aimed at optimising Spirulina's cultivation in a greenhouse environment.
Specific focus will be on maximising the content of the natural blue dye contained by this micro-alga, called fycocyanin.
Various sectors such as the textile, building and paper industry are asking for this product to be launched, but only Asia and the US are currently marketing the dye.
Publication date: 5/31/2017
Other news in this sector: