Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Belgians experiment with Spirulina algae in greenhouses
The PCG started the cultivation season of micro-alga Spirulina on 20 April. After performing some exploratory tests in the autumn of 2016 to find a suitable harvesting system, the pilot setup is now operational.
The research is being conducted within the framework of Interreg Flanders - the Netherlands project 'The Blue Chain' and is aimed at optimising Spirulina's cultivation in a greenhouse environment.
Specific focus will be on maximising the content of the natural blue dye contained by this micro-alga, called fycocyanin.
Various sectors such as the textile, building and paper industry are asking for this product to be launched, but only Asia and the US are currently marketing the dye.
Publication date: 5/31/2017
Other news in this sector: