Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- 11 hectare greenhouse project opened in Azerbaijan
- Vietnam: TAP completes new phase in 24-hectare greenhouse
- US (PA): Feasibility study for a Center of Excellence for Indoor Agriculture
- How to get fast, accurate root zone moisture and EC data
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Belgians experiment with Spirulina algae in greenhouses
The PCG started the cultivation season of micro-alga Spirulina on 20 April. After performing some exploratory tests in the autumn of 2016 to find a suitable harvesting system, the pilot setup is now operational.
The research is being conducted within the framework of Interreg Flanders - the Netherlands project 'The Blue Chain' and is aimed at optimising Spirulina's cultivation in a greenhouse environment.
Specific focus will be on maximising the content of the natural blue dye contained by this micro-alga, called fycocyanin.
Various sectors such as the textile, building and paper industry are asking for this product to be launched, but only Asia and the US are currently marketing the dye.
Publication date: 5/31/2017
Other news in this sector: