Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- Rough introduces the HopsHouse: a single-solution hydroponic hops greenhouses
- One million square foot cannabis production facility to be built in Australia
- Dutch go crazy on weed...duckweed that is
- North America’s first scientific paper on how to produce cannabis under controlled environment
- Tomato and lettuce intercropping in a soilless system
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Belgians experiment with Spirulina algae in greenhouses
The PCG started the cultivation season of micro-alga Spirulina on 20 April. After performing some exploratory tests in the autumn of 2016 to find a suitable harvesting system, the pilot setup is now operational.
The research is being conducted within the framework of Interreg Flanders - the Netherlands project 'The Blue Chain' and is aimed at optimising Spirulina's cultivation in a greenhouse environment.
Specific focus will be on maximising the content of the natural blue dye contained by this micro-alga, called fycocyanin.
Various sectors such as the textile, building and paper industry are asking for this product to be launched, but only Asia and the US are currently marketing the dye.
Publication date: 5/31/2017
Other news in this sector: