Job offersmore »
- Business Advisor - China
- Nursery Manager (Container Plants) - Australia
- Nursery Operations Manager - Australia
- Packing Facility Manager - AU
- PRODUCTION MANAGER - Finland
- Electrical Engineer
- Service Engineer
- Farm Manager - Australia
- Greenhouse Manager / Head Grower, Bermuda
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US(PA): 60,000 sq.ft. vertical greenhouse to bolster Lancaster's less fortunate
- UK start-up introduces inflatable deep water culture system
- Leaf sensors can tell farmers when crops need to be watered
- Inefficient cannabis growers will go out of business eventually
- Hawaii: Ultra fine bubbles help lettuce grower reduce tipburn
Exchange ratesmore »
Chinese company showcases mechanical harvesting robotOf the many Chinese stands seen at Macfrut, there was one that attracted particular attention. It was the stand of Suzhou Botian Automatic Technology, represented by manager Pengbo Wang.
The company stand at Macfrut
On top of the fully-automated and remotely-controlled atomiser, we were particularly impressed by a video on a harvesting robot. According to Wang, it works perfectly and means there is no need for labour. As there is no shortage of cheap labour in China, this technology is of course aimed at foreign clients.
The robot while it harvests tomatoes
"This robot can be used to harvest vegetables as well as strawberries. It is equipped with a camera that can assess ripening with a precision of 92%. The cutting system has a precision of 90%. The bionic hand is coated with a soft material so as not to damage the produce."
The robot is also equipped with a GPS system, so it can move autonomously. It was first presented a few years ago and was then gradually improved. Both the state TV and People's newspaper talked about it with enthusiasm.
It has a positioning system with binocular vision, four levels of handling autonomy, flexible handler, autonomous movements, automatic obstacle avoidance, voice alarm, possibility to set speed, real-time battery and technical data feedback, 92% camera accuracy, 90% harvesting accuracy, fruit damage within 5%, possibility to improve its technical characteristics.
Suzhou Botian Automatic Technology
Tel.: (+86) 512-85661780
Publication date: 5/19/2017
Other news in this sector: