Job offersmore »
- VP Sales and Marketing - Warsaw
- Marketing Executive, Export Team
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- Development of substrates for multilayer cultivation in high-tech phytotrons
- "Semi-closed greenhouses require sturdy, generative plant types"
- US (NC): $160 million Plant Sciences Initiative comes to Durham
- Wageningen University publishes booklet on plant breeding techniques
- "Geothermal energy will boost Kenya’s food security"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Retractable roof helps AU greenhouse function with extremely low energy costs
- The great cannabis switcheroo
- US: Regulatory barriers to developing innovative agricultural biotechnology
- Over 9 million views for this hydroponic lettuce video
- US (FL): Hydroponic production launched at Orlando World Center Marriott
Exchange ratesmore »
Chinese company showcases mechanical harvesting robotOf the many Chinese stands seen at Macfrut, there was one that attracted particular attention. It was the stand of Suzhou Botian Automatic Technology, represented by manager Pengbo Wang.
The company stand at Macfrut
On top of the fully-automated and remotely-controlled atomiser, we were particularly impressed by a video on a harvesting robot. According to Wang, it works perfectly and means there is no need for labour. As there is no shortage of cheap labour in China, this technology is of course aimed at foreign clients.
The robot while it harvests tomatoes
"This robot can be used to harvest vegetables as well as strawberries. It is equipped with a camera that can assess ripening with a precision of 92%. The cutting system has a precision of 90%. The bionic hand is coated with a soft material so as not to damage the produce."
The robot is also equipped with a GPS system, so it can move autonomously. It was first presented a few years ago and was then gradually improved. Both the state TV and People's newspaper talked about it with enthusiasm.
It has a positioning system with binocular vision, four levels of handling autonomy, flexible handler, autonomous movements, automatic obstacle avoidance, voice alarm, possibility to set speed, real-time battery and technical data feedback, 92% camera accuracy, 90% harvesting accuracy, fruit damage within 5%, possibility to improve its technical characteristics.
Suzhou Botian Automatic Technology
Tel.: (+86) 512-85661780
Publication date: 5/19/2017
Other news in this sector: