Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Mazaya Agro brings hydroponic farming to Omani communitiesMazaya Oman has brought a hydroponic farm to Barka to provide fresh vegetables grown locally above the markets in Muscat, where conventional farming is not possible all year round. The endeavour is being conducted by a new subsidiary company called Mazaya Agro.
The first crop started harvesting in April. Six varieties of leafy green lettuces, vegetables and herbs will be sold in the local Muscat market.
Mazaya Agro intends to expand and connect multiple greenhouses into a network to significantly expand growing capacity, thereby enabling each farm to meet customer demand in virtually any sized community. Mazaya Agro produce qualifies as Omani grown.
Tirthankar Basu, business head of Mazaya Oman, said, “This is a ground-breaking development in food supply for Muscat regions and possibly far beyond. Mazaya Agro’s system could be utilised in infertile desert regions. Mazaya Agro is bringing reasonable, fresh and healthy vegetables to places that have always had to ship it in at prices much higher than countries who are self-producing.”
Read more at the Muscat Daily
Publication date: 5/19/2017
Other news in this sector: