Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Columbia graduates kickstart new hydroponic bottle projectThe World’s Smallest Garden turns a bottle into a self-watering hydroponic garden. It’s a fun, easy and really affordable way for anyone to grow fresh food at home.
The small cylindrical device fits inside the neck of a bottle, where it creates an optimal environment for seed germination. As the plant matures its roots grow down into the bottle, allowing the plant to water itself and thereby avoiding the number 1 reason most indoor gardens don’t last long (forgetful owners!).
Unlike other grow kits on the market today that cost hundreds of dollars and come with sophisticated lights and automation – the World’s Smallest Garden is designed to be accessible for everyone. This is a gateway product intended to help newcomers into the world of urban farming. No green thumbs necessary! It will sell for between $9 and $15 in a 3-pack on Kickstarter.
Set up is simple. Just fill a bottle with water, insert the garden, and you’re ready to grow. The product will be launched on Kickstarter on May 22, in a campaign that will run for 30 days.
For more information:
Publication date: 5/9/2017
Other news in this sector: