- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- US (NJ): Generation of farmers use alternative techniques to grow crops
- Mexico’s fruit and vegetable exports
- California to build first large-scale water storage after 40 years
- Newly discovered enzyme is 'firing pin' for plant immunity
- "Many suppliers can bring you coco, only a few can bring you a product consistent and uniform"
Top 5 -last month
- Saudi Arabia: University places LED order for speed breeding program
- Russia: 10 ha greenhouse complex under construction in Buryatia
- Village Farms reports net loss, cannabis production ramps up
- How retrofitting an older greenhouse can solve big problems
- Canada: Ontario celebrates Farmers' Market Week
Top 5 -last week
Columbia graduates kickstart new hydroponic bottle project
The small cylindrical device fits inside the neck of a bottle, where it creates an optimal environment for seed germination. As the plant matures its roots grow down into the bottle, allowing the plant to water itself and thereby avoiding the number 1 reason most indoor gardens don’t last long (forgetful owners!).
Unlike other grow kits on the market today that cost hundreds of dollars and come with sophisticated lights and automation – the World’s Smallest Garden is designed to be accessible for everyone. This is a gateway product intended to help newcomers into the world of urban farming. No green thumbs necessary! It will sell for between $9 and $15 in a 3-pack on Kickstarter.
Set up is simple. Just fill a bottle with water, insert the garden, and you’re ready to grow. The product will be launched on Kickstarter on May 22, in a campaign that will run for 30 days.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 US (NJ): Generation of farmers use alternative techniques to grow crops
- 09/21/2018 Fully-automated indoor farm to open in the United States
- 09/19/2018 LEDs revolutionise the horticulture industry
- 09/18/2018 US: Groups ask Congress to support urban/innovative farms
- 09/18/2018 Brexit food security: An opportunity for vertical farming?
- 09/18/2018 CAN (QC): 2,000 square feet of gardens to be added to school
- 09/17/2018 US (GA): Hydroponic lettuce on the school lunch line
- 09/17/2018 Building the sustainable cities of the future
- 09/17/2018 Gotham Greens
- 09/14/2018 A farm on a shelf
- 09/13/2018 CAN (SK): Opportunities grow for Creighton container garden
- 09/13/2018 Container farm producer now also supplies farmers
- 09/12/2018 "Vertical farming sounds fantastic until you consider its energy use"
- 09/11/2018 Growing crops with roots in the mist
- 09/11/2018 US (GA): Campus dining uses produce grown in its greenhouse
- 09/11/2018 US (GA): $5 million to help reduce energy costs of indoor farming
- 09/10/2018 Malaysia: City dwellers grow veggies at home without soil
- 09/06/2018 Is urban farming economically feasible or is it a recipe for a financial failure?
- 09/06/2018 How the right sales channel can make or break your vertical farm
- 09/05/2018 "New responses to the way we grow food are a must to respond to the challenges of the future."