Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Will an inflatable greenhouse be the solution to grow food on Mars?NASA scientists designed an inflatable cylinder greenhouse that could help astronauts grow food when arriving at other planets. Astronauts have successfully grown vegetables and plants aboard the International Space Station, but with the newest project, NASA expects to develop long-term methods to help sustain astronauts working in deep space.
The project is being developed by NASA scientists at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida and researchers from the University of Arizona.
The inflatable prototype greenhouse will allow astronauts to grow crops and plants in outer space
The prototype consists of an inflatable, deployable greenhouse designed to support plant and crop production. Such production will support astronauts’ nutrition and will help with the air revitalization, waste recycling, and water recycling. The process is known as a bioregenerative life support system.
Click here to read more at Pulseheadlines.com
Publication date: 4/26/2017
Other news in this sector: