Job offersmore »
- VP Sales and Marketing - Warsaw
- Marketing Executive, Export Team
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- Development of substrates for multilayer cultivation in high-tech phytotrons
- "Semi-closed greenhouses require sturdy, generative plant types"
- US (NC): $160 million Plant Sciences Initiative comes to Durham
- Wageningen University publishes booklet on plant breeding techniques
- "Geothermal energy will boost Kenya’s food security"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Retractable roof helps AU greenhouse function with extremely low energy costs
- The great cannabis switcheroo
- US: Regulatory barriers to developing innovative agricultural biotechnology
- Over 9 million views for this hydroponic lettuce video
- US (FL): Hydroponic production launched at Orlando World Center Marriott
Exchange ratesmore »
Zimbabwean company to supply seeds to KenyaZimbabwean seed company, Klein Karoo says it is spreading to East Africa, with Kenya being the first target to be supplied with seed.
In Zimbabwe, the company currently controls about 20 percent of the market, with giants such as Seedco, Pioneer and others controlling the other market share.
The company which produces a variety of grain and vegetable seeds, is targeting to produce 6,000 tonnes in 2017 up from 5,000 in 2016.
Klein Karoo country director, John Makoni, said the company has since developed seed varieties that suits the Kenyan climate.
“We are focusing on expanding the market into the region, especially Kenya, where we have developed a variety of hybrid seeds which suit their conditions,” Makoni said.
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Other news in this sector: