Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Zimbabwean company to supply seeds to KenyaZimbabwean seed company, Klein Karoo says it is spreading to East Africa, with Kenya being the first target to be supplied with seed.
In Zimbabwe, the company currently controls about 20 percent of the market, with giants such as Seedco, Pioneer and others controlling the other market share.
The company which produces a variety of grain and vegetable seeds, is targeting to produce 6,000 tonnes in 2017 up from 5,000 in 2016.
Klein Karoo country director, John Makoni, said the company has since developed seed varieties that suits the Kenyan climate.
“We are focusing on expanding the market into the region, especially Kenya, where we have developed a variety of hybrid seeds which suit their conditions,” Makoni said.
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Other news in this sector: