Job offersmore »
- Business Advisor - China
- Nursery Manager (Container Plants) - Australia
- Nursery Operations Manager - Australia
- Packing Facility Manager - AU
- PRODUCTION MANAGER - Finland
- Electrical Engineer
- Service Engineer
- Farm Manager - Australia
- Greenhouse Manager / Head Grower, Bermuda
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US(PA): 60,000 sq.ft. vertical greenhouse to bolster Lancaster's less fortunate
- UK start-up introduces inflatable deep water culture system
- Leaf sensors can tell farmers when crops need to be watered
- Inefficient cannabis growers will go out of business eventually
- Hawaii: Ultra fine bubbles help lettuce grower reduce tipburn
Exchange ratesmore »
Zimbabwean company to supply seeds to KenyaZimbabwean seed company, Klein Karoo says it is spreading to East Africa, with Kenya being the first target to be supplied with seed.
In Zimbabwe, the company currently controls about 20 percent of the market, with giants such as Seedco, Pioneer and others controlling the other market share.
The company which produces a variety of grain and vegetable seeds, is targeting to produce 6,000 tonnes in 2017 up from 5,000 in 2016.
Klein Karoo country director, John Makoni, said the company has since developed seed varieties that suits the Kenyan climate.
“We are focusing on expanding the market into the region, especially Kenya, where we have developed a variety of hybrid seeds which suit their conditions,” Makoni said.
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Other news in this sector: