Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Plantlab says it has a patent on indoor farming
- CAN (ON): St. Michel ready to prepare next generation of Leamington growers
- How the bumblebee coincidentally saved the greenhouse industry
- Here's why you should close your windows in case of storm
- Dutch growers take advantage of new dehumidification techniques
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (IL): MVTHS approves greenhouse bidMt. Vernon Township High School is moving forward with building a new greenhouse despite concerns raised about the high cost of the project.
The MVTHS Board of Education Tuesday approved a bid of $454,052 from Shores Builders to construct the new greenhouse and install an air-conditioning system in the facility's workspace area. School Board members Tena Elliott and Terry Knowles voted against the measure.
The goal is to finish construction of the greenhouse by the start of next school year. The technology portion of the project, estimated at $30,000, will be bid out soon.
If the size of the MVTHS greenhouse were reduced, it would delay the project and affect usage of the facility, FFA officials said. Another factor is the $75,000 donation from Community First Bank, which carries with it a condition that the greenhouse has to be finished by the end of this year.
The current plan is to build a 30-by-70-foot greenhouse with a 30-by-50-foot attached work center. The proposed facility is made up of two buildings.
Read more at Mt. Vernon Register-News
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Other news in this sector: