Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- Soilless technology takes root in blueberry cultivation
- What are the start-up costs of a greenhouse business?
- US(AZ): Civic Farms to break ground on 20,000 sq. ft. vertical farm at Biosphere 2
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (IL): MVTHS approves greenhouse bidMt. Vernon Township High School is moving forward with building a new greenhouse despite concerns raised about the high cost of the project.
The MVTHS Board of Education Tuesday approved a bid of $454,052 from Shores Builders to construct the new greenhouse and install an air-conditioning system in the facility's workspace area. School Board members Tena Elliott and Terry Knowles voted against the measure.
The goal is to finish construction of the greenhouse by the start of next school year. The technology portion of the project, estimated at $30,000, will be bid out soon.
If the size of the MVTHS greenhouse were reduced, it would delay the project and affect usage of the facility, FFA officials said. Another factor is the $75,000 donation from Community First Bank, which carries with it a condition that the greenhouse has to be finished by the end of this year.
The current plan is to build a 30-by-70-foot greenhouse with a 30-by-50-foot attached work center. The proposed facility is made up of two buildings.
Read more at Mt. Vernon Register-News
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Other news in this sector: