Job offersmore »
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- Partial replacement of PAR light by far red light in tomato
- NL: New Geothermal Energy Alliance in South Holland
- German Agricultural Society and Fairtrade enter strategic partnership in Africa
- US (ME): Aquaponic grower secures $1.6M to expand greenhouse
Exchange ratesmore »
Cummins upgrades greenhouse generatorCummins has launched its latest natural gas generator in Holland. Supplying electrical efficiency of up to 43.8 per cent, the upgraded QSK60 gas engine can reduce total cost of ownership for its customers and deliver world-class power efficiency.
Stefan De Wit, project and engineering manager for Holland, said: “Given fuel costs constitute the largest portion of total cost of ownership, any gain in efficiency can translate to significant savings for the users. With C1540 N5CC, we are extremely pleased that we can deliver stellar efficiency and savings to our customers.”
“This comes at a significant time in Holland, with regulation changing in 2017 set to open up great opportunities when switching to gas power generation in combined heat and power (CHP) applications in the greenhouse market.”
“We anticipate that over the next two to three years there will be more applications for grid connection approvals in the greenhouse market to switch to gas generation or to expand the existing CHP applications.”
“In base load applications where fuel becomes a considerable cost to the customer, efficiency is a key driver in the decision making process. We are very excited to be demonstrating world class efficiency and forging new relationships across Holland,” stated Mr De Wit.
The newest member of the QSK60 Series, the C1540 N5CC, offers new customer options that make it a perfect fit for both independent power producer (IPP) and combined heat and power (CHP) applications.
The upgraded QSK60 series is ideal for integration into new or existing cogeneration and trigeneration plants.
For more information:
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Other news in this sector: