Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- Rough introduces the HopsHouse: a single-solution hydroponic hops greenhouses
- One million square foot cannabis production facility to be built in Australia
- Dutch go crazy on weed...duckweed that is
- Austria: Flicker to supply Vienna with LED-grown mini cucumbers
- North America’s first scientific paper on how to produce cannabis under controlled environment
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cummins upgrades greenhouse generatorCummins has launched its latest natural gas generator in Holland. Supplying electrical efficiency of up to 43.8 per cent, the upgraded QSK60 gas engine can reduce total cost of ownership for its customers and deliver world-class power efficiency.
Stefan De Wit, project and engineering manager for Holland, said: “Given fuel costs constitute the largest portion of total cost of ownership, any gain in efficiency can translate to significant savings for the users. With C1540 N5CC, we are extremely pleased that we can deliver stellar efficiency and savings to our customers.”
“This comes at a significant time in Holland, with regulation changing in 2017 set to open up great opportunities when switching to gas power generation in combined heat and power (CHP) applications in the greenhouse market.”
“We anticipate that over the next two to three years there will be more applications for grid connection approvals in the greenhouse market to switch to gas generation or to expand the existing CHP applications.”
“In base load applications where fuel becomes a considerable cost to the customer, efficiency is a key driver in the decision making process. We are very excited to be demonstrating world class efficiency and forging new relationships across Holland,” stated Mr De Wit.
The newest member of the QSK60 Series, the C1540 N5CC, offers new customer options that make it a perfect fit for both independent power producer (IPP) and combined heat and power (CHP) applications.
The upgraded QSK60 series is ideal for integration into new or existing cogeneration and trigeneration plants.
For more information:
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Other news in this sector: