Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Plantlab says it has a patent on indoor farming
- CAN (ON): St. Michel ready to prepare next generation of Leamington growers
- How the bumblebee coincidentally saved the greenhouse industry
- Here's why you should close your windows in case of storm
- Dutch growers take advantage of new dehumidification techniques
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cummins upgrades greenhouse generatorCummins has launched its latest natural gas generator in Holland. Supplying electrical efficiency of up to 43.8 per cent, the upgraded QSK60 gas engine can reduce total cost of ownership for its customers and deliver world-class power efficiency.
Stefan De Wit, project and engineering manager for Holland, said: “Given fuel costs constitute the largest portion of total cost of ownership, any gain in efficiency can translate to significant savings for the users. With C1540 N5CC, we are extremely pleased that we can deliver stellar efficiency and savings to our customers.”
“This comes at a significant time in Holland, with regulation changing in 2017 set to open up great opportunities when switching to gas power generation in combined heat and power (CHP) applications in the greenhouse market.”
“We anticipate that over the next two to three years there will be more applications for grid connection approvals in the greenhouse market to switch to gas generation or to expand the existing CHP applications.”
“In base load applications where fuel becomes a considerable cost to the customer, efficiency is a key driver in the decision making process. We are very excited to be demonstrating world class efficiency and forging new relationships across Holland,” stated Mr De Wit.
The newest member of the QSK60 Series, the C1540 N5CC, offers new customer options that make it a perfect fit for both independent power producer (IPP) and combined heat and power (CHP) applications.
The upgraded QSK60 series is ideal for integration into new or existing cogeneration and trigeneration plants.
For more information:
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Other news in this sector: