Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- Soilless technology takes root in blueberry cultivation
- What are the start-up costs of a greenhouse business?
- US(AZ): Civic Farms to break ground on 20,000 sq. ft. vertical farm at Biosphere 2
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cummins upgrades greenhouse generatorCummins has launched its latest natural gas generator in Holland. Supplying electrical efficiency of up to 43.8 per cent, the upgraded QSK60 gas engine can reduce total cost of ownership for its customers and deliver world-class power efficiency.
Stefan De Wit, project and engineering manager for Holland, said: “Given fuel costs constitute the largest portion of total cost of ownership, any gain in efficiency can translate to significant savings for the users. With C1540 N5CC, we are extremely pleased that we can deliver stellar efficiency and savings to our customers.”
“This comes at a significant time in Holland, with regulation changing in 2017 set to open up great opportunities when switching to gas power generation in combined heat and power (CHP) applications in the greenhouse market.”
“We anticipate that over the next two to three years there will be more applications for grid connection approvals in the greenhouse market to switch to gas generation or to expand the existing CHP applications.”
“In base load applications where fuel becomes a considerable cost to the customer, efficiency is a key driver in the decision making process. We are very excited to be demonstrating world class efficiency and forging new relationships across Holland,” stated Mr De Wit.
The newest member of the QSK60 Series, the C1540 N5CC, offers new customer options that make it a perfect fit for both independent power producer (IPP) and combined heat and power (CHP) applications.
The upgraded QSK60 series is ideal for integration into new or existing cogeneration and trigeneration plants.
For more information:
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Other news in this sector: