Job offersmore »
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What breeding innovations are up for tomatoes in the next decade?
Exchange ratesmore »
June 29, Venlo
NL: Alternatives for producing food in urban environmentsThe Healthy Nutrition Conference will take place on June 29, 2017, at Villa Flora, Brightlands Campus Greenport Venlo, The Netherlands. Early Bird discount is available until May 17 (register here).
Are there sustainable alternatives for producing food in urban environments? Will the future be nutritious or efficient? Can we have both?
Stefannia Russo, SPACE10/IKEA, will talk about The Farm – a lab at SPACE10 that explores sustainable alternatives for producing and distributing food in urban environments:
"We have created a global food supply chain that allows people almost anywhere in the world to access all kinds of imported vegetables, fruits and processed goods. Everyday. It is impressive but it comes with a price. The sophisticated system filled with artificial fertilisers and preservatives is at the expense of nutrition and the environment. Today, it's estimated that the population might rise to 9.7 billion by 2050 and the UN estimates that we will need to produce 70% more food. Yet we are already using 90% of all arable land in the world. We must find smarter ways to produce and distribute food in urban environments. And SPACE10 created The Farm, a lab to help us investigate alternatives for a better future."
For more information:
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Other news in this sector: