Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
June 29, Venlo
NL: Alternatives for producing food in urban environmentsThe Healthy Nutrition Conference will take place on June 29, 2017, at Villa Flora, Brightlands Campus Greenport Venlo, The Netherlands. Early Bird discount is available until May 17 (register here).
Are there sustainable alternatives for producing food in urban environments? Will the future be nutritious or efficient? Can we have both?
Stefannia Russo, SPACE10/IKEA, will talk about The Farm – a lab at SPACE10 that explores sustainable alternatives for producing and distributing food in urban environments:
"We have created a global food supply chain that allows people almost anywhere in the world to access all kinds of imported vegetables, fruits and processed goods. Everyday. It is impressive but it comes with a price. The sophisticated system filled with artificial fertilisers and preservatives is at the expense of nutrition and the environment. Today, it's estimated that the population might rise to 9.7 billion by 2050 and the UN estimates that we will need to produce 70% more food. Yet we are already using 90% of all arable land in the world. We must find smarter ways to produce and distribute food in urban environments. And SPACE10 created The Farm, a lab to help us investigate alternatives for a better future."
For more information:
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Other news in this sector: