Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "In indoor ag, every project demands a unique approach"
- Hokkaido greenhouse to enable production in the "coldest city on earth"
- "Biochar boosts tropical but not temperate crop yields'
- Swedish project studies year-round cultivation of tasty strawberries with LEDs
- Spain: Greenhouse builder J.Huete expands into new premises
Top 5 - last week
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What are the start-up costs of a greenhouse business?
- US(AZ): Civic Farms to break ground on 20,000 sq. ft. vertical farm at Biosphere 2
- Australia: Learn how the deleafing robot can reduce labor cost
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cocogreen launches coir product selectorAs soft fruit growing systems become more technically advanced and increasingly bespoke, Cocogreen’s has responded with a special product selector − launched on its informative new website − to help growers tailor coir substrate selection to their individual growing systems.
“As the UK soft fruit industry becomes increasingly high tech, crops are predominantly grown under protection and in soilless substrate,” says Thomas Ogden. “Production systems are becoming not only more sophisticated but often tailored to the particular needs of the grower – in regard to location, plant fruiting type and preferred production techniques. To keep up, coir substrates need to become more technically sophisticated as growers are looking for greater consistency and higher performance.
“To help growers optimise the capabilities of our substrates − matching them to the growing system − our new website features a useful product selector tool, this is unique to Cocogreen.”
As well as detailed information on the company’s quality substrate range, Cocogreen’s new website - www.cocogreen.co.uk - features information on manufacturing, sustainability and certification standards.
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Other news in this sector: