Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Workers safe after carbon monoxide incident at Windset Farms
- Australia: New project to drive agriculture innovation in Victoria
- "With unemployment at record lows, labor is our biggest challenge"
- Hydropothecary announces expansion plans
- US (FL): Wish Farms launches strawberry season with new sweepstakes
Top 5 - last month
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- Partial replacement of PAR light by far red light in tomato
- NL: New Geothermal Energy Alliance in South Holland
- German Agricultural Society and Fairtrade enter strategic partnership in Africa
- US (ME): Aquaponic grower secures $1.6M to expand greenhouse
Exchange ratesmore »
Cocogreen launches coir product selectorAs soft fruit growing systems become more technically advanced and increasingly bespoke, Cocogreen’s has responded with a special product selector − launched on its informative new website − to help growers tailor coir substrate selection to their individual growing systems.
“As the UK soft fruit industry becomes increasingly high tech, crops are predominantly grown under protection and in soilless substrate,” says Thomas Ogden. “Production systems are becoming not only more sophisticated but often tailored to the particular needs of the grower – in regard to location, plant fruiting type and preferred production techniques. To keep up, coir substrates need to become more technically sophisticated as growers are looking for greater consistency and higher performance.
“To help growers optimise the capabilities of our substrates − matching them to the growing system − our new website features a useful product selector tool, this is unique to Cocogreen.”
As well as detailed information on the company’s quality substrate range, Cocogreen’s new website - www.cocogreen.co.uk - features information on manufacturing, sustainability and certification standards.
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Other news in this sector: