Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Workers safe after carbon monoxide incident at Windset Farms
- Australia: New project to drive agriculture innovation in Victoria
- "With unemployment at record lows, labor is our biggest challenge"
- Hydropothecary announces expansion plans
- US (FL): Wish Farms launches strawberry season with new sweepstakes
Top 5 - last month
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- Partial replacement of PAR light by far red light in tomato
- NL: New Geothermal Energy Alliance in South Holland
- German Agricultural Society and Fairtrade enter strategic partnership in Africa
- US (ME): Aquaponic grower secures $1.6M to expand greenhouse
Exchange ratesmore »
Kazakhstan: 9.5 hectare Ultra-Clima opened in AlmatiConstruction has been completed and the first Ultra-Clima greenhouse in Kazakhstan is a fact. Last year, the greenhouse was sold as a turnkey project, and it was named ‘Greenhouse KZ’. The project is around 9.5 hectares in size; it includes a packing hall and greenhouse, and has been built in the city of Astana for the cultivation of cucumbers and tomatoes.
In Kazakhstan, growers have to contend with harsh winters and hot summers. This client went for a greenhouse based on the Ultra-Clima concept so that it could improve its yield despite the extreme climate. This is because it is possible to create a better greenhouse climate in a greenhouse based on the Ultra-Clima concept rather than using the traditional greenhouse concept. It goes without saying that higher yields go hand in hand with higher profitability. Other advantages that the Ultra-Clima concept has to offer are maximising food safety, lower energy consumption, less CO2 emission and minimum water consumption.
Not only did KUBO deliver the entire project; ClimaConnect is also committing itself to the project by providing four years of assistance with its Full Service Grow Concept. ClimaConnect will be supporting Greenhouse KZ by deploying a cultivation consultant, and by providing quality management and a monitoring platform that ClimaConnect has developed.
For more information:
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Other news in this sector: