Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN (ON): St. Michel ready to prepare next generation of Leamington growers
- Scotland: Vertical farm at James Hutton nears completion
- New methods for computer vision in horti- and agriculture
- New Zealand grower combines greenhouse peppers with feijoa crops
- UK: Eric Wall has seen tomato growing come of age
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
MMJ permits for 37 Israeli growersIn a move they hope will revolutionize the medical-cannabis sector, 37 farmers received preliminary permits from the Health Ministry to construct facilities for the plantís cultivation.
Assuming they go on to receive further necessary permits, the farmers will join an existing group of just eight medical-cannabis growers in the country, putting an end to years of legal struggles.
As the medical-cannabis sector opens up to include more farmers, the market will be able to better satisfy the needs of Israeli consumers and of export outlets, generating billions of shekels each year, according to Hagit Weinstock, the attorney for the farmers.
ďThere is no doubt that this is truly good news for farmers and for citizens in need of medical-cannabis treatment,Ē she said on Wednesday.
Read more at The Jerusalem Post
Publication date: 3/17/2017
Other news in this sector: