Job offersmore »
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
- Category Manager – Avocado & Mango Australia
- International Buyer exotics (Spanish speaking) - Netherlands
- Entomologist Position - Leamington, Ontario, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "24% labor savings with new strawberry container"
- Mexico: Agropark growers starting their crop change
- Success of 'cana-business' relies on efficient commercial greenhouse technology
- US: BioWorks launches new OMRI-Listed biofungicide for botrytis control
- US: BrightFarms recalls produce due to potential presence of metal pieces
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Growing vine crops without daylight is possible. Here, there and everywhere...
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Levity Crop Science wins Red Rose innovation awardLevity Crop Science has won the ‘Innovative Business Award’ at the prestigious Red Rose Awards. This year's finalists contributed a combined £1.3 billion to the UK economy in a tightly fought competition. Levity were named winners in a glittering ceremony at Blackpool’s Winter Gardens among over a thousand guests representing the cream of Lancashire business.
The judges commented “Levity’s innovative approach to crop production has driven them to be a creative and effective company, making significant impact to local national and global economies. With worldwide orders, Levity is translating outstanding technical and scientific knowledge into purposeful, real-world solutions”.
Mike Peters MBE Levity’s Commercial Director said “Levity has had a great year, we have launched some world class products and our sales have more than doubled. Levity has consistently invested in innovation, and we are proud to see this recognised by our peers”.
Levity MD David Marks said “We have a great team of scientists at Levity, and we have been able to make products that are changing the way farmers grow crops helping them get great yields and quality regardless of growing conditions” adding “the farming industry is under pressure to produce more and better food – it needs better and more innovative products. That is a big motivation for our team”.
Levity MD Anna Weston said “We are starting to see the benefits of the work our scientists have done for the last five years as more and more products hit the market. We are working around the world helping growers of potato, lettuce, soft fruit and root vegetables. Seeing the practical results of our innovation is really rewarding and I think this is what impressed the judges most”.
For more information:
Levity Crop Science
Rural Business Centre, Myerscough College, Bilsborrow, Preston, PR3 0RY, UK
Phone: +44 (0)1995 642351
Publication date: 3/16/2017
Other news in this sector: