Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "In indoor ag, every project demands a unique approach"
- Hokkaido greenhouse to enable production in the "coldest city on earth"
- "Biochar boosts tropical but not temperate crop yields'
- Swedish project studies year-round cultivation of tasty strawberries with LEDs
- Spain: Greenhouse builder J.Huete expands into new premises
Top 5 - last week
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What are the start-up costs of a greenhouse business?
- US(AZ): Civic Farms to break ground on 20,000 sq. ft. vertical farm at Biosphere 2
- Australia: Learn how the deleafing robot can reduce labor cost
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Levity Crop Science wins Red Rose innovation awardLevity Crop Science has won the ‘Innovative Business Award’ at the prestigious Red Rose Awards. This year's finalists contributed a combined £1.3 billion to the UK economy in a tightly fought competition. Levity were named winners in a glittering ceremony at Blackpool’s Winter Gardens among over a thousand guests representing the cream of Lancashire business.
The judges commented “Levity’s innovative approach to crop production has driven them to be a creative and effective company, making significant impact to local national and global economies. With worldwide orders, Levity is translating outstanding technical and scientific knowledge into purposeful, real-world solutions”.
Mike Peters MBE Levity’s Commercial Director said “Levity has had a great year, we have launched some world class products and our sales have more than doubled. Levity has consistently invested in innovation, and we are proud to see this recognised by our peers”.
Levity MD David Marks said “We have a great team of scientists at Levity, and we have been able to make products that are changing the way farmers grow crops helping them get great yields and quality regardless of growing conditions” adding “the farming industry is under pressure to produce more and better food – it needs better and more innovative products. That is a big motivation for our team”.
Levity MD Anna Weston said “We are starting to see the benefits of the work our scientists have done for the last five years as more and more products hit the market. We are working around the world helping growers of potato, lettuce, soft fruit and root vegetables. Seeing the practical results of our innovation is really rewarding and I think this is what impressed the judges most”.
For more information:
Levity Crop Science
Rural Business Centre, Myerscough College, Bilsborrow, Preston, PR3 0RY, UK
Phone: +44 (0)1995 642351
Publication date: 3/16/2017
Other news in this sector: