Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- 11 hectare greenhouse project opened in Azerbaijan
- Vietnam: TAP completes new phase in 24-hectare greenhouse
- US (PA): Feasibility study for a Center of Excellence for Indoor Agriculture
- How to get fast, accurate root zone moisture and EC data
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Levity Crop Science wins Red Rose innovation awardLevity Crop Science has won the ‘Innovative Business Award’ at the prestigious Red Rose Awards. This year's finalists contributed a combined £1.3 billion to the UK economy in a tightly fought competition. Levity were named winners in a glittering ceremony at Blackpool’s Winter Gardens among over a thousand guests representing the cream of Lancashire business.
The judges commented “Levity’s innovative approach to crop production has driven them to be a creative and effective company, making significant impact to local national and global economies. With worldwide orders, Levity is translating outstanding technical and scientific knowledge into purposeful, real-world solutions”.
Mike Peters MBE Levity’s Commercial Director said “Levity has had a great year, we have launched some world class products and our sales have more than doubled. Levity has consistently invested in innovation, and we are proud to see this recognised by our peers”.
Levity MD David Marks said “We have a great team of scientists at Levity, and we have been able to make products that are changing the way farmers grow crops helping them get great yields and quality regardless of growing conditions” adding “the farming industry is under pressure to produce more and better food – it needs better and more innovative products. That is a big motivation for our team”.
Levity MD Anna Weston said “We are starting to see the benefits of the work our scientists have done for the last five years as more and more products hit the market. We are working around the world helping growers of potato, lettuce, soft fruit and root vegetables. Seeing the practical results of our innovation is really rewarding and I think this is what impressed the judges most”.
For more information:
Levity Crop Science
Rural Business Centre, Myerscough College, Bilsborrow, Preston, PR3 0RY, UK
Phone: +44 (0)1995 642351
Publication date: 3/16/2017
Other news in this sector: