Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Philippines considers legalizing medical marijuanaA day after the plenary approved on third and final reading a bill reimposing the death penalty for drug-related offenses except mere possession, the House Committee on Health began discussions on a bill seeking to legalize marijuana for medical purposes.
House Bill 180, authored by Isabela Rep. Rodito Albano, prescribes the rules for the proper use of medical marijuana including the designation of a qualified medical cannabis physician, a qualified medical cannabis patient who shall be issued an identification card, a qualified medical cannabis caregiver and a qualified medical cannabis compassionate center.
The bill would guarantee the confidentiality of patients and ensure that they will not become victims of discrimination.
Rep. Seth Jalosjos sponsored the bill on behalf of Albano who was busy at the Commission on Appointments as its Majority leader.
Jalosjos said legalizing marijuana for medical use "will benefit thousands of patients suffering from serious and debilitating diseases."
Read more at ABS-CBN News
Publication date: 3/14/2017
Other news in this sector: